Sports Medicine Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedBronc23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering why SDN does not have a forum just for Sports Medicine. There is one for Pain Medicine another popular fellowship that has its own forum.

PM&R, Ortho, FM, IM, Peds, and EM all do sports so why not a forum.

If any of powers that be know how to remedy this or moderators have any advice on this feel free.

Hopefully I'm not only one that would like to see it created.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Especially when Sleep Medicine (another fellowship) has a forum with its newest post being nearly 1 month old.
 
Glad I'm not only one. It would be nice to discuss with residents from all specialities applying to sports fellowships, networking, case discussion.

Can we create one?
 
Especially when Sleep Medicine (another fellowship) has a forum with its newest post being nearly 1 month old.
I think that would be an example of why not to have one. Too low traffic. Maybe start a Sports Med thread and see how it goes before a dedicated forum.

I think the pain forum came about from a merger with another site.
 
It would be interesting to see the traffic level. I don't see a whole lot of sports discussions in the FM board. Still, it would be nice to have a resource for those of us that know we want to do sports med.
 
I think that would be an example of why not to have one. Too low traffic. Maybe start a Sports Med thread and see how it goes before a dedicated forum.

I think the pain forum came about from a merger with another site.

I don't think traffic would be low if it were joint forum between all the Sports Medicine disciplines. Of which PM&R is second most in primary care sports med next to FM.

I mean if they have multiple national sports organizations (AMSSM, ACSM, AOSSM, etc) then we can probably foster enough traffic for a forum on here.

Just my 2 cents
 
I don't think traffic would be low if it were joint forum between all the Sports Medicine disciplines. Of which PM&R is second most in primary care sports med next to FM.

I mean if they have multiple national sports organizations (AMSSM, ACSM, AOSSM, etc) then we can probably foster enough traffic for a forum on here.

Just my 2 cents

I concur. If you build it, they will come.
 
I would recommend you guys join AMSSM or AOSSM for their forums and listservs. Their conferences are also the best for sports medicine
 
I would recommend you guys join AMSSM or AOSSM for their forums and listservs. Their conferences are also the best for sports medicine

I agree that AMSSM forums and listserv are super great! But this seems to be place people start that are beginning interest in PM&R residency topics and subspecialty areas like sports.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think traffic would be low if it were joint forum between all the Sports Medicine disciplines. Of which PM&R is second most in primary care sports med next to FM.

Probably would need to jointly link it to the ortho forum.

That may bring the volume up enough.