Sports urgent care?

Started by Xinlitik
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Xinlitik

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an MS3 with an interest in msk/sport that recently rotated through an orthopedic urgent care. It was probably the most fun I've had in medical school-- we saw every kind of MSK injury possible (mostly sport-related), although predominantly fractures. I was wondering if running this kind of clinic is feasible with PMR training +/- fellowships. So far I haven't seen anything online about residencies/fellowships having training for closed reduction of fractures, which I think would be a pretty important tool if you were aiming to be a one stop shop for non-surgical injuries. Unfortunately I have no interest in surgery, or I would go the orthopedic route. (The attending was an orthopedist who did not operate by the way. There were also NPs who were setting bones, but I dont know if that was ok for liability just because they were working under the orthopod)
Thanks