Spouse and the pre-interview dinner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawkslo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Hey guys/gals,

Anybody know the type of questions that spouses/significant others get asked during the pre-interview dinner.

I'm guessing, for the most part, that residents don't usually ask them too many questions.

Thanks and good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

I brought my wife along on several interview dinners. She didn't get asked any tough questions. Mostly things along the lines of "where are you from?" and "what do you do for a living?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Spouses/SOs really aren't under scrutiny. Neither we, the resident corps, nor YOU - their spouse/SO will spending enough time with them to worry about how well they fit in. However, YOU do need to worry about his/her ability to be happy & enjoy the community & environment surrounding your program. So, it is definitely in your best interest for them to accompany you & then compose your match list cooperatively.

"If momma ain't happy; ain't nobody happy!"

Just to clarify, does the program pay for spouses/SO's dinner as well, I assume so, but just want to make sure there won't be any awkwardness.