Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

spring 06 grades!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by jlee8023, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jlee8023

jlee8023 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Do any schools consider spring grades if you apply for fall 06 term? i really dont understand why they would only look at fall 05 grades only for admisisons.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 38ctk

38ctk ktc83
    5+ Year Member

Post Doc
    yes. If it is a prereq for pharmacy school, then you probably have to maintain a high GPA for the course. If it is a non-prereq course, most of the time you have to just pass the course. At my school, they looked at your overall cumulative GPA at the end of spring quarter. If you've maintained above the school's min. GPA requirement, then you are usually OK.

4. Smilescali

Smilescali Almost there...
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist

I think most pharmacy schools consider Spring 2006 grades for Fall 2006 admissions. Some even accept Summer 2006 classes.

5. calrx

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It also might depend on whether or not the school uses a rolling admissions process. Schools that are rolling would probably just look at your completed coursework (given that you have completed almost all of the science pre-reqs). I would assume that if you only have 1 or 2 pre-reqs left to take in the spring they would go ahead and review your application upon receiving it. I could be wrong though?

6. dana92085

dana92085 **dana adell**
    5+ Year Member

i did get an interview without my fall 2005 grades (meaning no ochem).