Spring graduate. Need advice.

Started by deleted244469
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted244469

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, so my current numbers are fairly low.

GPA: 3.21

I have only taken 2 pre-req classes, Bio 101 (B) and Chem 101, which I failed. I was curious what my options are, if any, for a post-bacc program?

From the sticky thread, I assume I am looking at these schools?

Category 3: Retakes and/or additional undergrad in a structured environment (19 programs)
- You finished some of the prereqs already.
- You need to retake the prereqs.
- You want upper div science to beef up your undergrad GPA.
American - Postbaccalaureate Premedical Certificate Program Washington, DC
Cal State U Los Angeles - PostBaccalaureate Certificate Program for Pre-Health Professionals Los Angeles, CA
CUNY Hunter - Postbaccalaureate Science Enrichment Program – PBSEP New York, NY
Dominican - Post Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program River Forest, IL
Duquesne - Post-Baccalaureate Pre-medical Program Pittsburgh, PA
East Tennessee State U - Post Baccalaureate (FasTrack) Johnson City, TN
Georgetown PBPM - PostBaccalaureate Pre-Medical Certificate Program Washington, DC
Harvard Extension - Health Careers Program Cambridge, MA
Hofstra - Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Studies Hempstead, NY
Manhattanville College - Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health Professions (PBPH) Program Purchase, NY
Northeastern - Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program Boston, MA
Sage College (After Work) - Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Studies Albany, NY
U of California Berkeley Extension - Post-Baccalaureate Health Professions Program Berkeley, CA
U of Connecticut - Post-Baccalaureate Program B Farmington, CT
U of Maryland College Park - Science in the Evening Program College Park, MD
U of Oregon - Pre-Health Post-Bac Program Eugene, OR
U of Pennsylvania - Pre-Health Specialized Studies Philadelphia, PA
U of Texas Dallas - Certificate in Biomedical Sciences Dallas, TX
Washington U St Louis - Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Program St. Louis, MO
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That thread is five years old, so no, it's not really a good list. As I mentioned elsewhere, start with your local universities and see what your options are.