Spring Hill post bac??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voicebox

larynx lover
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The pickings, I am finding, of post bac programs in the south are slim to none. One really has no choice but to go an informal route. My wife is attending LSU in the Fall (as I was suppose to be, but have decided to go a different route than music), and I only have come across Spring Hill's program in Mobile, AL. Anybody have any experience with this program or heard anything of it? Thanks for your two cents.

Members don't see this ad.

voicebox said:
The pickings, I am finding, of post bac programs in the south are slim to none. One really has no choice but to go an informal route. My wife is attending LSU in the Fall (as I was suppose to be, but have decided to go a different route than music), and I only have come across Spring Hill's program in Mobile, AL. Anybody have any experience with this program or heard anything of it? Thanks for your two cents.

Hey there!
Is your wife going to LSU Med School or LSU in Baton Rouge? If in New Orleans, I can vouch for the Tulane Cell and Molecular Biology Master's program. It's one year, 30 hrs, and is at half regular Tulane tuition. I had a horrid undergrad, did the MS, and am starting next month at LSU-NO. You may also want to look into Tulane's programs in pharmacology or medical genetics. Those aren't as flexible as the CMB program, but you do take some classes at the med school.

If you're in BR, take a look at Our Lady of the Lake. They have programs in post-bacc, I believe.

Good luck!

I've been looking at the Spring Hill program as well. (I'm originally from the area). I've been in contact with Dr. David Dean who heads up the program. He's pretty responsive via email. I think the deadline for the fall is in August. They do require 3 LOR's, which I think is a bit onerous. I'm not sure of the program's quality versus other programs - I'm in the process of applying to a few up north with good reputations. I know what you mean about the lack of programs down here! If anyone else has any info regarding SHC, please share.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I looked at the Our Lady of the Lake in Baton Rouge. The website is very vague, not really an information is available about the program. All I could find was the course offerings and descriptions. Anybody have any 411?

BTW-Thanks for the info you're already supplying :)

jd2003 said:
I've been looking at the Spring Hill program as well. (I'm originally from the area). I've been in contact with Dr. David Dean who heads up the program. He's pretty responsive via email. I think the deadline for the fall is in August. They do require 3 LOR's, which I think is a bit onerous. I'm not sure of the program's quality versus other programs - I'm in the process of applying to a few up north with good reputations. I know what you mean about the lack of programs down here! If anyone else has any info regarding SHC, please share.

Yes Dr. Dean is very good with the email. I, too, have sent in an application, just in case it is the only option around here. I tell you, as an aside, applying for these programs is a lot easier than applying for music school!

voicebox said:

Voicebox,

I don't know much about Springhill, but I do know that there are a couple of programs in the Western New York area you could look into. I know a guy that graduated from the Eastman School of Music :cool: that might be able to help you out!

Have a great search! :)

Bamtuba