Springfield College Physical Therapy Admissions Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skiflutept

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping that maybe someone could chance me for getting into Springfield College's (in Massachussettes) BS/DPT program. I'm know that this post should belong in the high school forum but I figured that people who are already in a program would have more knowledge about admissions criteria. Anyway, here are my stats:

3.7 unweighted GPA at the end of junior year, my average for 5 core courses: 89 Rank: 40/284
1660 SAT (CR-550 Math-520 Writing-590)
ACT-23
I took honors English all 4 years of high school (A's frosh/soph, B junior & 1st marking period senior year)
Honors history frosh(A+)/soph(B)
AP US History junior year(B)
Lab Anatomy and Physiology Honors (A 1st marking period senior year)
The rest of my classes were regular classes but I got mostly A's with 1 or 2 B's in there.
I took Spanish through Spanish 4 and got A's (in 4 I got B's)
Band was my elective all four years.
1st marking period of senior year I got 5 A's and 2 B's. I'm taking English 4 Honors, Pre-Calc, Lab A&P Honors, Psych, Law for Business, Band, Gym, and Lunch.

I'm in concert band, jazz band, pit band, and community band. I'm in National Honor Society and I do Academic Challenge. I've been babysitting for twin girls since they were 2, and my next door neighbors who are adopted from China.

I was the music librarian sophmore & junior years. Now I'm a section leader in jazz band.

I make honor/high honor/merit roll every marking period.
I was student of the month sophomore year.
I had excellent letters of recomendation from a physical therapist and my guidance counselor. I didn't get to read the ones that my bio teacher and Geometry/Pre-calc teacher wrote but I'm sure they were good.

I have a lot of observation hours: 426 in outpatient orthopedics, 15 in sub-acute, 6 in pediatrics.
I wrote a pretty good essay telling my story about how I discovered I want to be a PT(my mom broke her hip 4 years ago).

I did an alumni interview and it went really well. He said that I would fit in perfectly at the school and that I'm the exact type of person they're looking to have in their PT program. He said that based on the interview because he didn't know anything about my academics.

Springfield gets 400-500 applicants for the program and they accept about 25%. The school said that they want a minimum of an 1100 SAT score. I got a 1070. On the APTA website, it said that the average accepted student has an SAT of a 1250. Everything else seems to be in the range that they want. I'm supposed to get an admissions response in two weeks but I'm getting to be very anxious so I greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts! Thanks!
 
Last edited: