St. Augustine Austin/Predicament

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rl91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently, I've gotten off the wait-list and accepted into the Spring term for St. Augustine. They give you about 2 weeks to accept and put the deposit down to claim/save your spot. I know St. Augustine is a private school, doesn't offer grad plus loans and has a higher tuition. On top of that it's trimesters, unlike regular semesters.

So with the time frame I have to accept the spot, I'm still waiting for other schools such as UTHSCSA and TWU to get even an invite for their Fall term...So I'm like torn in-between. Pretty much it's either taking the spot, finding out how to pay for USA or risking my spot, and waiting until December to hear if I even get an invite. Of course, it'd be cheaper if I attended either school but its a gamble...

Just need some insight and help here, lol.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Recently, I've gotten off the wait-list and accepted into the Spring term for St. Augustine. They give you about 2 weeks to accept and put the deposit down to claim/save your spot. I know St. Augustine is a private school, doesn't offer grad plus loans and has a higher tuition. On top of that it's trimesters, unlike regular semesters.

So with the time frame I have to accept the spot, I'm still waiting for other schools such as UTHSCSA and TWU to get even an invite for their Fall term...So I'm like torn in-between. Pretty much it's either taking the spot, finding out how to pay for USA or risking my spot, and waiting until December to hear if I even get an invite. Of course, it'd be cheaper if I attended either school but its a gamble...

Just need some insight and help here, lol.

Thanks!
really depends on how much the deposit is and when you project you'll be receiving offers from the other programs. if you interview and find out about the other programs before mid december (a few weeks before USA starts spring trimester), I'd say put down the deposit (if reasonable) and still wait. the worst thing that can happen is lose some cash.

if you aren't finding out until later, you may need to do some more research on the other texas schools and make a decision based on how confident you are in getting in. if they are reach schools for you, you may need to take the bullet and start your PT journey with USA.

this dilemma is quite common and i could see why you're torn but happy that you are very close to officially becoming an SPT. either way good luck!

Reactions: 1 user