St. Augustine AUTOBIOGRAPHY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PREMEDWOAHS

dare to dream
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone PM me and hook me up with their autobiography for St. Augustine. After writing a statement of purpose, I am somewhat out of ways to make my life sound interesting HAHA. No but seriously, I just want to see the approach some people took, obviously our personal interests and academic achievements will differ but I would like something to spark my thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I didn't write one for St. Augustine, but I did write one for other schools. I dont know if I would PM it to you...it is really embarassing.

But my format was:

1st paragraph: Something about me, where Im from, etc. I didn't include my DOB, or anything that made it sound cheezy

2nd paragraph: Education (highschool, college) extra curiculars, volunteer

3rd Paragraph: Why PT

Its not a perfect 5 paragraph essay...the one I wrote atleast, I only had 300-500 words to write mine, so it was brief but had a lot of info. I googled what should be on autobiographies for grad school and thats how I started mine.

My advice to you is to just be honest - don't leave out any details. They want to get a sense of who you are, how you have made it to this point in life, and what you are proud of accomplishing. Be sure to include any big events in your life. Just relax and write; it is not an easy thing to write. If you take the time and do some reflecting on your life, you will write exactly what they want to read.

FWIW....mine was 3 pages and 1700 words, but i felt like i had a lot to write about!

Members don't see this ad :)
My was just one page and I felt I had A LOT to say, but I tend to go over so I tried to keep it short. Just talk aboutyour life in general (I agree with the post aboce) how did you get to this point. I felt like it was a more relaxed, informal, way to express your statement. Maybe narrate the exact moment you new you wanted to be a PT something like that

i would be glad to send you mine..i can send you my auto and letter of intent i know my story is original so it can never be repeated but hopefully it will help!!..but im not sure how this pm thing works so i will try to figure it out!
honestly its not all about the stats because mine were not very good!..i had a very low gre score..but i got in on the first try because of my story and other qualities so you definetly wanna make it sound good!:)

i would be glad to send you mine..i can send you my auto and letter of intent i know my story is original so it can never be repeated but hopefully it will help!!..but im not sure how this pm thing works so i will try to figure it out!

honestly its not all about the stats because mine were not very good!..i had a very low gre score..but i got in on the first try because of my story and other qualities so you definetly wanna make it sound good!:)

Just curious, How do you know? I mean I know you know what your stats are but did they mentioned they liked your story?

well ive told my story a million times and am even about to be on oprah because of it!!..haha..im sure theres lots of people who have been through a lot but its about how you present and prepare yourself!..ive been talking with mary noor and dian hartly since the campus in san diego opened an dian has kept me positive that i had enough other strong aspects to keep me in the running!
i have had 3 major knee surgeries and several injuries that have kept me in pt since i was 14 which also helped..i dont think there is much in comparrison to personal experience!
Mary told me the autobiography, resume and letter of intent or more heavly weighed than anything else!

I am wondering, what is a good way to write the autobiography that is does flow and define me instead of just writing different aspects of myself in a way that the paper will not flow?