Program-Specific Info / Q's St. Augustine MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IPG1996

Reaction score
I have an interview at University of St. Augustine this Friday and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their interview process and if possible, questions that stood out to you. Any advice helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I have classmates who have had an interview at St. Augustine and they told me it was very calm. the interview was a 2 person interview, so yourself and another applicant being asked questions at the same time. I didn't hear specifics but they said it was a short interview. I have my interview in the Miami campus on the 7th! Good luck!

I'm currently a student and interviewed last December. I had a 3 person interview, while some others had a 2 person interview. During the interview, the interviewer chose one of us to answer a question. For the next person, he would either ask us to elaborate on that question, or he would ask a completely different question. You definitely want to make sure that you pay attention to the questions asked for everyone, and do be engaged while the other interviewee is talking. I remember that he asked questions like:
"why do you want to pursue occupational therapy?"
"what interests you most about our program?"
"what are important qualities you should have?"
"this is a competitive program. how do you/will you handle stress?"
"describe the obstacles you may face within this career."
"what are you strengths?"
He also asked us scenario questions - "you're in an inpatient setting and you're working with patients in an open environment. another OT tells you across the room that you did/completed a treatment wrong. how will you handle the situation?"

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I have classmates who have had an interview at St. Augustine and they told me it was very calm. the interview was a 2 person interview, so yourself and another applicant being asked questions at the same time. I didn't hear specifics but they said it was a short interview. I have my interview in the Miami campus on the 7th! Good luck!
How was your interview in Miami?

How was your interview in Miami?
Hi! It was good. The interview portion is only about 30 mins of the entire 3-4 hour day. For me, it was myself and another applicant with an interviewer. The interviewer would go back and forth on questions and we weren’t really asked anything crazy. After we got a tour of the facilities, met a couple of OT students, had lunch, and heard some of the faculty speak to us about the program.

I'm currently a student and interviewed last December. I had a 3 person interview, while some others had a 2 person interview. During the interview, the interviewer chose one of us to answer a question. For the next person, he would either ask us to elaborate on that question, or he would ask a completely different question. You definitely want to make sure that you pay attention to the questions asked for everyone, and do be engaged while the other interviewee is talking. I remember that he asked questions like:
"why do you want to pursue occupational therapy?"
"what interests you most about our program?"
"what are important qualities you should have?"
"this is a competitive program. how do you/will you handle stress?"
"describe the obstacles you may face within this career."
"what are you strengths?"
He also asked us scenario questions - "you're in an inpatient setting and you're working with patients in an open environment. another OT tells you across the room that you did/completed a treatment wrong. how will you handle the situation?"

Hope this helps!

Hey! I just got into USAs program and wanted to see how you’re liking it

Hi! It was good. The interview portion is only about 30 mins of the entire 3-4 hour day. For me, it was myself and another applicant with an interviewer. The interviewer would go back and forth on questions and we weren’t really asked anything crazy. After we got a tour of the facilities, met a couple of OT students, had lunch, and heard some of the faculty speak to us about the program.
Do you remember some of the questions that were asked during your interview

Hey! I just got into USAs program and wanted to see how you’re liking it
Hi! I'm a 2nd term enrolled at the St. Augustine Campus, and so far I love it. The professors are friendly and want to make sure you understand the material. They're always there to help, and they're easy to communicate with - at least the professors I've had so far. Some classes are more intense than others, like neuroscience, but they're manageable as long as you study A LOT lol. The program is challenging, but there is a good amount of students who have part-time jobs and are still able to balance school/pass their classes. All of the lectures are online while lab is in class, so that can be an adjustment for some people. I do think the school is pretty expensive, and some things need improvement here and there, but I don't regret attending USA as it's an accelerated program that really prepares us for the real world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm a 2nd term enrolled at the St. Augustine Campus, and so far I love it. The professors are friendly and want to make sure you understand the material. They're always there to help, and they're easy to communicate with - at least the professors I've had so far. Some classes are more intense than others, like neuroscience, but they're manageable as long as you study A LOT lol. The program is challenging, but there is a good amount of students who have part-time jobs and are still able to balance school/pass their classes. All of the lectures are online while lab is in class, so that can be an adjustment for some people. I do think the school is pretty expensive, and some things need improvement here and there, but I don't regret attending USA as it's an accelerated program that really prepares us for the real world.

Are the online lectures and in person labs in the Flex program or the regular one too?

How long did it take for you to hear back from St. Augustine's? I applied to the Austin campus in October and I still haven't heard anything about interviews or rejection letters. I did have to submit the GRE part of the application later after the deadline (October 15th) and I got an email back from the enrollment advisor that my application is under review on November 30th. She did say it takes 6-8 weeks for them to process it, but I'm getting a little nervous. Like they could possibly send it earlier?

How long did it take for you to hear back from St. Augustine's? I applied to the Austin campus in October and I still haven't heard anything about interviews or rejection letters. I did have to submit the GRE part of the application later after the deadline (October 15th) and I got an email back from the enrollment advisor that my application is under review on November 30th. She did say it takes 6-8 weeks for them to process it, but I'm getting a little nervous. Like they could possibly send it earlier?
For me, I was applying for Fall 2019. About 2 weeks after submitting my application on Oct 19th, I got an email that tells me to arrange a phone call with the USAHS admission counselors. During that call, the counselor was going through my prereqs, told me I look ready, and asked if I wanted to move up to the Summer 2019 cohort. I agreed. I got the interview invitation for Summer 2019 cohort on Nov 14th. Interviewed on Nov 27th, and got my acceptance letter on Dec 5th! So in my case, it took about 2 months or so for USAHS to review my app, interview, and finally give the admission decision. Hope this helps you! :)

Best of luck!!

For me, I was applying for Fall 2019. About 2 weeks after submitting my application on Oct 19th, I got an email that tells me to arrange a phone call with the USAHS admission counselors. During that call, the counselor was going through my prereqs, told me I look ready, and asked if I wanted to move up to the Summer 2019 cohort. I agreed. I got the interview invitation for Summer 2019 cohort on Nov 14th. Interviewed on Nov 27th, and got my acceptance letter on Dec 5th! So in my case, it took about 2 months or so for USAHS to review my app, interview, and finally give the admission decision. Hope this helps you! :)

Best of luck!!

That's amazing! I'm so glad you got in! St. Augustine is a wonderful campus! I toured there at the Austin campus in June! And also good for you to start early! It must feel nice to finally get the anticipation out of the way.

I guess it helps a little to see how the process is for other students, but now I'm quite worried because it has been 3 months now since I turned in my application. I've already emailed the enrollment advisor a thousand times already regarding my classes and other items, but the anticipation has me on my toes with everything. 6 to 8 weeks from Nov 30th is the last week of January. I dont know if I should call them???

Best of luck!!

Also if you dont mind me asking, did you apply to the MOT or OTD program?

Also if you dont mind me asking, did you apply to the MOT or OTD program?
I totally know how you feel! This is my second round applying and I was super anxious until I'm accepted to USAHS...I thought I was never getting in any school! It's tough during the wait, but just keep doing the best you can and you'll get there! :)

I applied for OTD at the San Marcos campus. On the interview day, they said each cohort is supposed to have 20 MOT and 30 OTD (though they don't always fill the classes!). As I mentioned earlier, I was moved from Fall 2019 to Summer 2019; after being accepted, they also asked if I am interested to move into the Spring 2019 cohort! Also, if you're fine with moving out of your state, make sure you let them know you don't mind going to other campuses to increase your chance! I think they would put you to other campuses if your top choice overflows/you're on the waitlist.

Did the enrollment advisor ever returned your email?

I totally know how you feel! This is my second round applying and I was super anxious until I'm accepted to USAHS...I thought I was never getting in any school! It's tough during the wait, but just keep doing the best you can and you'll get there! :)

I applied for OTD at the San Marcos campus. On the interview day, they said each cohort is supposed to have 20 MOT and 30 OTD (though they don't always fill the classes!). As I mentioned earlier, I was moved from Fall 2019 to Summer 2019; after being accepted, they also asked if I am interested to move into the Spring 2019 cohort! Also, if you're fine with moving out of your state, make sure you let them know you don't mind going to other campuses to increase your chance! I think they would put you to other campuses if your top choice overflows/you're on the waitlist.

Did the enrollment advisor ever returned your email?

Wow you must have an amazing application/personality!!! Good for you!!!!! And thank you for that bit of information. Yes, she did e-mail me back after I sent my GRE pdf to her and she said that my application is under review for the OTD Fall 2019 cohort and to please wait six to eight week to hear back from the board. I sent another email a few weeks ago to let her know that I sent in my 2018 fall semester transcript over and she said thank you and that my application is under review. I honestly feel like I'm getting responses from an automatic machine.

Maybe when next Friday arrives, and I still haven't heard anything back, I'll call them. I applied to Austin, Texas campus!

Hey everyone!! I have an interview this Friday for the MOT program at St. Augustine for the Austin, Tx campus! I was wondering if anyone who has been through the interview process here before could share anything about their experience, what to expect, or any interview questions that I could prepare for?? Anything is appreciated!!