St Eustatius

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hdu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some pictures of St Eustatius, Netherlands Antilles, the island where SESOM is.

http://steustatius.nafoto.net

Members don't see this ad.

Now the previous link has pictures of the island of Saba from St. Eustatius.
(Click "Ver todas as fotos"). Both islands have Schools of Medicine.

These three islands host Schools of Medicine in the caribbean.
Find pictures of the islands in this web address:

Members don't see this ad :)
This Fort in St Eustatius is the place where for the first time the United States was recognized as an independent country by a foreign country.
It is also the place where Awards Ceremony of St Eustatius School of Medicine takes place after students complete their Basic Sciences courses.
Pictures of Fort Orange have been added to this link:

Attachments

• 1FortOrange-mm.jpg
    1FortOrange-mm.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 65
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about st. eustatius as a med school? (Preferably a student there) What the teachers and classes are like? Living arrangements, and residency appointments?

jake213 said:
I was wondering if anyone has any advice about st. eustatius as a med school? (Preferably a student there) What the teachers and classes are like? Living arrangements, and residency appointments?

I graduated from St E 2 years ago. Did my medicine internship at a East Virginia Medical School and Im a PMR resident at the University of Michigan. I felt that my clinicals and post graduation support has been excellent. The only downside to the school is that there are some states where you will not be able to get a medical liscense. You should look into this before before going to make sure theyre not ones you want to end up practicing.

Good luck

nvrsumr said:
I graduated from St E 2 years ago. Did my medicine internship at a East Virginia Medical School and Im a PMR resident at the University of Michigan. I felt that my clinicals and post graduation support has been excellent. The only downside to the school is that there are some states where you will not be able to get a medical liscense. You should look into this before before going to make sure theyre not ones you want to end up practicing.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how well they prepare you for step 1 USMLE or was it mostly hard core studying on your own?

This is a picture of the group that today completed the Basic Sciences courses in the island. It is the 15th group that leaves the island to complete studies in the States.
Sorry about the "moved" picture, but I think I can not post pictures with faces without authorization, so I had to "process" the picture.

Attachments

• graduation 002mm.jpg
    graduation 002mm.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 103