St, George

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esth0001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How hard would it be to get into Internal medicine to places like mayo or Stanford or mass gen hospital from St, George's University?

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your board score and letters of rec from your clinical years. From what I hear IM is not hard to get into if you are a FMG from the carib. I recommend you talk to people over on valuemd.com and they can give you more insight.

Look at the previous match lists. In short, it is pretty near impossible.

it'll be very difficult, but not impossible.

i'm an SGU grad who matched into rads at the brigham & women's hospital. i know of people from SGU who had interviews at various harvard programs as well. i'm not sure about stanford: from what i've heard it's harder to match on the west coast b/c people just don't know about st. george's students as much. but i think we're definitely gaining in reputation and if you have great board scores, great LOR's, apply early, and are assertive in calling/emailing during the whole ERAS/interview process, you may be surprised at what interviews are possible and how successful you can be.

also, do not think the previous match lists posted are totally complete. i know of several people who successfully matched in very competitive programs/specialties, and it's simply not on the school website.

hope that helps.