St. Georges University??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMRama87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I know this concern has been posted on this forum a dozen times and after reading through them all, I decided to post one more! So, I want to know a little more about SGU.

I recently just graduated with a degree in micro and molecular biology with a 3.37 GPA. I recieved a 24 on the MCAT. I've done quite a lot of volunteering abroad and I've shadowed a bunch at the hospital. I've decided to take the year out and I work with The Walt Disney Company in a biotechnology lab. So, here I am wanting to apply to medical schools and I'm really considering SGU - what do you think? I'm going to apply to a few US D.O. schools but I truly feel my numbers are not good enough. I would wait another year and reapply but I feel motivated and ready to get my future started and don't want to spend another year doing something I'd rather not be doing. After working in a hospital, I am extremely interested in primary care - internal medicine being my number one choice. Of course, I'm going to apply everywhere and see what happens but if anyone could post their thoughts, that would be awesome!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I know this concern has been posted on this forum a dozen times and after reading through them all, I decided to post one more! So, I want to know a little more about SGU.

I recently just graduated with a degree in micro and molecular biology with a 3.37 GPA. I recieved a 24 on the MCAT. I've done quite a lot of volunteering abroad and I've shadowed a bunch at the hospital. I've decided to take the year out and I work with The Walt Disney Company in a biotechnology lab. So, here I am wanting to apply to medical schools and I'm really considering SGU - what do you think? I'm going to apply to a few US D.O. schools but I truly feel my numbers are not good enough. I would wait another year and reapply but I feel motivated and ready to get my future started and don't want to spend another year doing something I'd rather not be doing. After working in a hospital, I am extremely interested in primary care - internal medicine being my number one choice. Of course, I'm going to apply everywhere and see what happens but if anyone could post their thoughts, that would be awesome!

Thank you!

If I was you, I'd re-take the MCAT, score higher, reapply to US med-schools. There is a section devoted to SGU on the ValueMD forum.
If you are denied at the US level, then go to the Carib. Your MCAT scores are what hold you behind, if you could improve this, you'd be in the clear...
I am a CDN (recently became a US citizen), I felt as if though I couldn't do anything to increase my chances of getting into Canada med-school and I went off to the Carib. I was planning on coming back to Canada, my life changed...yours will too. But my application was solid and I didn't think I could improve it any more...it's a big plunge, it won't be easy, you're going to have to work hard to succeed...When you succeed though, it will feel good, especially when you take part humbly in helping another...

A

Members don't see this ad :)
A 3.37 gpa is well below avg for most US schools especially with a 24 mcat...these are probably avg for most DO schools though.