St. George's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted390966

Are INTO St. George's and St. George's Nicosia the same program?
If not,
Do students in both of these programs spend the first 2 years in Cyrus?
(I personally don't want to go to Cyrus...)

Are the 2 rotation sites that INTO SG has contract with in the US the only rotation choices?
Since returning to the US is a hassle, what if I want to stay in EU? Would rotating in these only 2 sites limit me from eventually practicing in the EU?

Do they have any association with SGU in the Carribean?

Could someone please comment on the quality of education that SGUL provides?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will attach an email correspondence I had with INTO SGUL on the topic of staying in the EU. I'm of the mindset that you should practice wherever you go to medical school, and I'm open to living in a variety of modern places.

I wrote:

I am a prospective MBBS4 applicant from the U.S. I am a dual US/UK citizen. I am eligible for US loans and I have never resided in the UK, so for tuition purposes I'm international. If I were to be admitted, would I be able to do my clinical years exclusively in the UK? If I go to the UK for medical school I'd like to do my FY1 year there, so doing clinicals in the USA would be counterproductive.

They replied with a bunch of information about their program, and I'll paste the most salient information to my query:

Ultimately, this program is best for students who are looking to practice medicine in the US or Canada...
With how this program is set up we wouldn't be able to have students stay in the UK for all 4-years. Also, our domestic Graduate Entry Medicine program which is only open to home/domestic students does take place in the UK for all four years, however, we're unable to accept international students onto that program.
Ultimately, if your main goal is to practice medicine in the UK and to enter FY1 there my best recommendation for you would be to try to go to a UK med school where you can complete all 4-years in the UK.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Warm Regards,

No, they have no association with SGU in the Caribbean. It is quite a prestigious medical school. They were founded in the 1700s. However, their international program is not of the same calibre due to their poor US clinical sites, and that's what would matter to an American trying to match in the USA.

Reactions: 1 user
Somebody in another thread said:

The truth is, studying in SGUL won't help you at all, in fact it's quite risky. SGUL is known for its standard UK programs as that is their competitive program. The INTO program is mostly a money maker for them.
Is this true?

Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody in another thread said:

Is this true?

I believe I wrote that post, this is still a true fact. However, this can be said of nearly any international program. It shouldn't deter you.

Reactions: 1 users