St. James accreditation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jab2234

Reaction score
So my friend wants to go to st. James . I think it's a bad idea, but I haven't expressed any of that to him. The only thing that would compel me to speak to him would be if st. James lost their accrediation. What do you think is going to happen and will it happen before he leaves at the end of August?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay... I'll take the bait...

I think it's a bad idea, but I haven't expressed any of that to him.

Are you sure you're really his friend?

... if st. James lost their accrediation. What do you think is going to happen and will it happen before he leaves at the end of August?

Unless someone who is a member of CAAM-HP's accreditation committee is willing to come here and publicly disclose that information - in a verifiable manner - how do you expect any of us to know?

Why don't you call or email them (their office is in Jamaica) and see what they say. That would be a lot more productive than creating an account on an anonymous web forum and posting your question here, which is a dubious move at the very least.

-Skip

Reactions: 1 user
So my friend wants to go to st. James . I think it's a bad idea, but I haven't expressed any of that to him. The only thing that would compel me to speak to him would be if st. James lost their accrediation. What do you think is going to happen and will it happen before he leaves at the end of August?

It is a terrible idea. SJSM is way too risky of a choice when there are better options out there.

The fact that there is even a concern of them losing accreditation is a BIG RED FLAG. People choose that school b/c they think they will get an MD for a fraction of the cost. Medical school isn't something you should pick out of the clearance bin.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay... I'll take the bait...

Are you sure you're really his friend?

Unless someone who is a member of CAAM-HP's accreditation committee is willing to come here and publicly disclose that information - in a verifiable manner - how do you expect any of us to know?

Why don't you call or email them (their office is in Jamaica) and see what they say. That would be a lot more productive than creating an account on an anonymous web forum and posting your question here, which is a dubious move at the very least.

-Skip
That sounds like a lot of work. And no, we aren't close friends. Just don't want him to have 500k debt with 0% chance.

I know a bit about Caribbean accreditation. CAAM-HP updated St. James on their accreditation last week, they are still at their initial provisional status. All the schools have been announcing their new statuses but CAAM-HP hasn't updated the website yet. There is a 7 day appeal window before publishing in case a school does not like the outcome and wants CAAM-HP to review it.

Initial provisional is literally worthless just FYI. Every school that makes an application starts with that. They will likely get rid of the St. Vincent campus and stick with Antigua only if they want to keep accreditation.

They tried to bully their way into getting accreditation for their joke of a campus in Bonaire and got booted and then tried it with their campus in St. Vincent. It wont work and they wont risk losing accreditation in Antigua for it.

It is still way too risky of a school when there are at least 6-7 better options.

Initial provisional is literally worthless just FYI. Every school that makes an application starts with that. They will likely get rid of the St. Vincent campus and stick with Antigua only if they want to keep accreditation.

They tried to bully their way into getting accreditation for their joke of a campus in Bonaire and got booted and then tried it with their campus in St. Vincent. It wont work and they wont risk losing accreditation in Antigua for it.

It is still way too risky of a school when there are at least 6-7 better options.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Bonaire was under the jurisdiction of NVAO, not CAAM-HP. Completely different entities with different standards and expectations.

Also its Anguilla, not Antigua.

Last edited:
So my friend wants to go to st. James . I think it's a bad idea, but I haven't expressed any of that to him.

Don't. Let your friend make his/her own decision.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Bonaire was under the jurisdiction of NVAO, not CAAM-HP. Completely different entities with different standards and expectations.

Also its Anguilla, not Antigua.

I never said Bonaire was under CAAM...

and I stand corrected.. I stayed in a fabulous villa in Antigua called St. James and I typed the wrong name. my bad.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

He's the Donald Trump of this sub-forum. Unreliable, bloviating, and fast-and-loose with the reality that the majority of the rest of us live in. Facts and opinions are interchangeable in his mind, just like the Great Orange One. Often wrong but never in doubt.

-Skip