St. John Fisher Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Randomwerks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone already had an interview at St. John Fisher yet? If so, how did it go? Any insight you'd be willing to share?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they just started offering interviews, mine is scheduled for November 12th, when is yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview as well. I'll be going November 30th.

How did they inform you?

I will also be interviewing nov 30th. notified by phone call. nice admissions people.

lol not like I'll know if they people with me at the interview are from SDN or not

You're the earliest interview date I've heard of so far. Goodluck!!!!
Thanks. They actually gave me 5 different dates, but I would like to finish it asap cuz I'll have midterms coming by. Good luck on yours too

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who were invited for an interview... can you please share your stats?

Thanks in advanced!

degree biology/minor psychology
gpa 3.45
pharmacy tech over a year
hospital pharmacy volunteered/shadowed pbm pharmacists
pcat 59>>>too low! took again in oct

Hey how did interviews go so far? I am from california and couldn't do the dates they suggested....so i am waiting first thing in january....

I don't think anyone has had interviews yet the first one I know about is late next week check back in a few weeks

Degree: psychobiology
GPA: 3.88
Science GPA: 3.96

Took the PCAT in October so don't have my scores yet. I've shadowed a pharmacist for about 6 hrs so my pharm experience is definitely lacking.

Randomwerks,

I still haven't heard from them either. My pharmcas was sent in mid october, so maybe I will be called in the 2nd batch of interviewers. When did you apply? Don't stress too much they begin their interviews in november so we still have time.

Randomwerks,

I still haven't heard from them either. My pharmcas was sent in mid october, so maybe I will be called in the 2nd batch of interviewers. When did you apply? Don't stress too much they begin their interviews in november so we still have time.

Actually I was shocked when they called me but I got an interview! Nov. 12. Im looking for womens business suits right now. Goodluck UK!!!!

How long did it take you to find out. I called to see if they had my supplemental and application processed and they did. What were your stats if you dont mind me asking. Go with a pinstripe business suit, you'll stand out more :)!!

I sent my supplemental in quite a while ago so it took some time.

Stats from PharmCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.25
Pre-req: 3.1
PCAT: 94%

Extensive Research experience, 10 months pharm volunteering

Got a gray pinstripe with pink shirt. ;)

I sent my supplemental in quite a while ago so it took some time.

Stats from PharmCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.25
Pre-req: 3.1
PCAT: 94%

Extensive Research experience, 10 months pharm volunteering

Got a gray pinstripe with pink shirt. ;)

nice I'm gonna wear my black pinstripe suit with a nice black and silver tie, I'm really excited for monday

ya mine are

3.37 Pharmcas GPA
3.22 Science

89 PCAT

Pharmcas actually calculated these higher than what my university calculates I guess thats good for me:D

also 6 months research experience and about 4 months (over 100 hours) volunteer in hospital pharmacy.

I'm guessing if the admissions committee cares they'll be able to figure out pretty easily who we are on SDN, and also we'll probably know who each other is at the interview (based on what we said we are wearing). Anyways good luck on Monday its gonna be a long interview.

just wondering...is anyone concerned this this college of pharmacy is not accredited yet?? does anyone know how sure it is that a college, once precandidate, then candidate status, advances to full accredidation? My mom is really concerned that if i go there, that they may never become accredited and then would be a waste of time and money...?? i dont know what to think! i have an interview scheduled on nov. 30th.

ya mine are

3.37 Pharmcas GPA
3.22 Science

89 PCAT

Pharmcas actually calculated these higher than what my university calculates I guess thats good for me:D

also 6 months research experience and about 4 months (over 100 hours) volunteer in hospital pharmacy.

I'm guessing if the admissions committee cares they'll be able to figure out pretty easily who we are on SDN, and also we'll probably know who each other is at the interview (based on what we said we are wearing). Anyways good luck on Monday its gonna be a long interview.

Well, I doubt they check SDN though Im sure every pinstripped guy is going to get a questioning look from me. :p

Goodluck to you too. The website said its going to be a full day interview. Definitely nervous.

just wondering...is anyone concerned this this college of pharmacy is not accredited yet?? does anyone know how sure it is that a college, once precandidate, then candidate status, advances to full accredidation? My mom is really concerned that if i go there, that they may never become accredited and then would be a waste of time and money...?? i dont know what to think! i have an interview scheduled on nov. 30th.

They have candidate status and they can only become fully accredited once they graduate their first class. They started the school in 2006 so they wont be fully accredited until 2010. However, students of schools who have only candidate status still have all rights associated with fully accredited colleges. Besides, the more important thing is passing the NAPLEX when the time comes. And getting a good residency if you're planning to specialize.

I have also heard that the going rate of schools becoming fully accredited after reaching candidate status is 100%. Also their dean was the founding dean of Palm Beach Atlantic which became fully accredited in 2005. BTW randomwerks if they ask us where we are from I'll be the one from the state of Washington :)

So how did everyone's interview go? I need some tips even though my interview is in January.

my interview went well, good luck to everyone on their interviews:)

Yea they were all super nice people. It was really very relaxing actually and a positive experience. Goodluck to everyone!

oh, congratulations you guys on getting the interviews. I have not heard anything from the school yet! So depressing and nervous.

my interview went well, good luck to everyone on their interviews:)

soooo....what was it like? was it a one-on-one interview or group interview? How long was it? Was there a tour? How long did the entire process go? Was the school located in a nice area?? Thanks in advance - im really curious about this school!! any details you can share would be much appreciated. interview nov. 3oth! :oops:

well they have us sign an agreement we will not discuss any specifics, but I'm sure you can call and ask them about the procedures for the day, I asked when they invited me to the interview

well they have us sign an agreement we will not discuss any specifics, but I'm sure you can call and ask them about the procedures for the day, I asked when they invited me to the interview

ok...how about can you tell me about the rochester, NY area>?? is it like a busy city or small town-ish? Did you fly in, and what hotel did you stay at? ive been looking around, and tickets are verrrry expensive!

rochester is a medium sized city I would say but Pitsford the actual city St. John Fisher is located in is a smaller city. I stayed at the Red Roof Inn at Henrietta another small town near Pitsford and I think I used delta airlines

To be honest, I didn't think Rochester was very lively. I might be biased because Ive always lived in large cities AND I went on Veterans day, but it just seemed small and quiet to me.

ok...how about can you tell me about the rochester, NY area>?? is it like a busy city or small town-ish? Did you fly in, and what hotel did you stay at? ive been looking around, and tickets are verrrry expensive!

To be honest, I didn't think Rochester was very lively. I might be biased because Ive always lived in large cities AND I went on Veterans day, but it just seemed small and quiet to me.

good, not too many distractions for me :laugh: booked my tickets last night!! now just working on the question of "why wegmans...????"

I got an interview on Jan 9th, anyone else on that day?

Rochester is the third (1st NYC, 2nd Buffalo) largest city in NY by the way, for those who were wondering. There are a number of colleges... including University of Rochester, Rochester Institute of Technology, Nazareth College, Eastman School of Music, SUNY Brockport, Monroe Community College, Everset Institute, Roberts Weslyan College. Some major companies that were founded in Rochester: Kodak, Xerox, Paychek. The city has an arena, baseball field, and recently built a soccer field. Anyone wodering more about the city please feel free to ask, I have lived in Rochester about 10 years.

ya there is a lot of stuff around Rochester, I like how there is a big city in the area, but also smaller communities around the area as well

ya there is a lot of stuff around Rochester, I like how there is a big city in the area, but also smaller communities around the area as well

Pittsfort where the college is located, is one of the richest suburbs in the city... so I assume there are a lot of stuck up kids going there...

anyone that has already interviewed heard anything from the school recently?

I just got a call for an interview!!!!

I still have to set it up, it will be in January.

What can those of you who have interviewed say about the program, the interview and such? What kind of questions did they ask you? How did you feel about it?

I just got a call for an interview!!!!

I still have to set it up, it will be in January.

What can those of you who have interviewed say about the program, the interview and such? What kind of questions did they ask you? How did you feel about it?

I don't think they can discuss it, since they had to sign an agreement saying that they wouldn't.

Interview Jan.11...:D

soooo....what was it like? was it a one-on-one interview or group interview? How long was it? Was there a tour? How long did the entire process go? Was the school located in a nice area?? Thanks in advance - im really curious about this school!! any details you can share would be much appreciated. interview nov. 3oth! :oops:

Well I didn't have the interview yet but I have been to the campus a couple of times. The campus is located in a nice suburb (very safe), probably the richest part of Rochester. Since the school is new, everything is new. It looks very nice inside. What I think is cool that they have little study rooms in the halways, so you don't have to go to the library to study, you can study there. Also they have their own computer lab, just for pharmacy students. I don't know if the parking issue is resolved. The last time I was there everyone had to park on the grass, since they lacked parking spaces.

I have my interview soon and according to the lady on the phone the interview is from 8:30 to 2:00 or 3:00 pm (sorry I forgot). She said that the lunch is provided. Anyways she told me that the interview will be conducted by a local community pharmacist, or a faculty member. I also worked with one girl who is P2 this year at SJFC, and she told me that students conduct interviews as well. Also there is a tour.

I hope this helps...

Did the P2 or any of the students there say how much they enjoyed the program or anything along those lines?

Did the P2 or any of the students there say how much they enjoyed the program or anything along those lines?

The girl that I worked with said that she loves the school and the program. She was very excited about the fact that she got to go to all health talks/conferences in the city for free. She did not say anything about the classes, but if she is able to go to school and work at the same time I guess it's manageble. Anyways she was very optimistic about the school.