St. Joseph's NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anestheticman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a great feeling about this program on my interview day and the residents seemed happier than at any other program practically.

I was wondering where people are ranking it relative to other NJ and NYC programs.

Also, any residents on here for questions?

Members don't see this ad.

St Josephs is a program also in northern New Jersey. I am a third year and have been very pleased thus far with my experience.

We are an affiliate of Mount Sinai and our primary facility is in Paterson, New Jersey. A 900 bed busy trauma center with a very active children’s hospital on site (including peds hearts). We have a nice diversity of cases. We also spend time at St Michael’s medical center in Newark (I believe about 400 beds with top notch cardiac surgery including robotic midcabs)

This program offers great attendings and nice case diversity.

St Josephs is starting a 150 million dollar renovation and st Michaels is planning a 150 million dollar renovation! I think we have 18 anesthesia residents total.

Excellent atendings, Very exciting place traumas are unreal..any questions just email me....

I couldn't be happier

even though this program is affiliated with mount sinai, it has nothing to do with the mount sinai anesthesia residency - ie their residents do not come to sinai and sinai residents do not go there...

This was my last anesthesia interview and it turned into a great day...the residents were really nice (one had actually left Montefiore to go there)...the attendings were very friendly.
The residents said that when there are problems the PD listend to them and makes changes (ie the call schedule is much better now)
They do seem to work hard there.
The Mt. Sinai affilitation is basically in name, but you can do electives at Mt. Sinai and their residents do go there for fellowships.