-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
St. Louis COP 2012 Application Cycle C/O 2016
Started by Member0701
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed in Jan as well. They are accepting 50 students for fall.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was everyone else's overall impression of the school and/or the St. Louis area? I thought the interview was really well structured & the staff seemed really approachable. As for the city, I'm sure there are good & bad areas. If anyone could recommend somewhere to live, I'd love to hear it. March 15th can't come soon enough, good luck all!
Honestly I thought the interview was a joke. The questions were exactly the same in both interviews and were on the interview preparation sheet. It was nice to meet some of the staff and ask questions after getting the Q&A out of the way and I agree they were approachable. I live west of Saint Louis and plan on commuting 20min. If you have the money I loved renting in webster groves and kirkwood. Great areas 15min away from campus but not as much city atmosphere. I have heard they primarily base their decision on PCAT scores and GPA's. If your credentials our good you will be accepted I believe they only interview about 80 people for the 50 positions. I was told I will be accepted just waiting for the official acceptance on March 15th.
Oh gosh, I've heard some pretty terrible things about stlcop.
What have you heard about stlcop that is terrible? I have just heard it is more difficult compared to other SOP's.
Well, I know a bunch of people that go there, and not one of them has anything good to say about the school. I've heard about how the school "has a quota" on the number of people that need to fail out each year. They will let in more people than they want to get extra money, and then try to fail out the extras. I've also heard transfer students aren't accepted very well by the students that have been there since the start. A friend also told me that his second year there, the administration sent out e-mails to students telling them to stop interfering with tours being given on campus. Apparently people would tell the prospective students "run away", or this "school sucks." So yeah, I've certainly heard a lot of bad things. But to be fair, it's not like I'm a student there, so I don't know. Maybe most people at the school just complain more because they've been there since high school, haha.
Anybody else accepted? Received my notification today by email and will get a letter in the mail.
I got accepted as well! triguitarpharm, are you going to be attending stlcop? I saw you mentioned kirkwood and webster groves as possible places for renting. I was hoping I could get something decent within walking distance of stlcop. Do you know of anything like that? am asking because you seem familiar with the area.
I will be attending, there is plenty of apartments in the surrounding area. Only thing I could tell you is that if you dont live on campus you will probably have a minimum of a 1/2 mile walk. Where are you transferring from?
Lets just say I started at this school and left because I felt like for the money I was not getting the education I was paying for. I left with a 3.86 and they didn't even bother to ask why? I really don't think they care about there students. We lost around 40- 50 people from my class by the end of second year. Just be weary of the school. The professors are questionable and not many are doing any sorts of research. You will most likely be kicked aside with all the other students that transferred because you form very tight cliques with the people that you started with, but try to make an attempt to meet others (get involved early). These kids are kind of the gate keeper to making your life a little easier because they will have years of old tests passed down. I wasn't going to say anything on this, but since someone else said something, I felt obligated to talk. Good luck there!
I will be attending, there is plenty of apartments in the surrounding area. Only thing I could tell you is that if you dont live on campus you will probably have a minimum of a 1/2 mile walk. Where are you transferring from?
I am transferring from SIUE. got accepted to the SOP here also but edwardsville is pretty secluded and I'd rather be somewhere where I'd have opportunities in terms of internships and such. am sure you could do that here also but it would be a challenge for me since most of them would be in st. louis anyways.
also i am kind of sick of edwardsville to be honest.
Just received an acceptance call today! SO THRILLED!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be attending, there is plenty of apartments in the surrounding area. Only thing I could tell you is that if you dont live on campus you will probably have a minimum of a 1/2 mile walk. Where are you transferring from?
Do you know if any good apartments near/around the school area that are nice and relatively safe? I know/heard of some areas that aren't as safe and kind of shady at night and I didn't get to explore housing options there when I visited 🙁
Maybe most people at the school just complain more because they've been there since high school, haha.
That is exactly what it is. School is not that bad.. trust me. I cannot believe that we increased our number of transfer students to 50 this year lol.. I remember my class when I was starting, they would take like 7-9 students a year. Anyway, it is not a bad school but I never understood why people complained so much and no there is no quota or a set number of people that have to fail every year... that makes no sense.. Every college would want to squeeze every penny out of their students by charging them tuition and it would be therefore counterproductive to fail a certain number of people just out of some sadistic need to only keep a certain number of students.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
