St. Luke's Roosevelt...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrysanthemum

PGY-1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any info on what the interview day is like? What time does it start and what is the schedule like? how many interviewers?
Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody have any info on what the interview day is like? What time does it start and what is the schedule like? how many interviewers?
Thanks for any input!

I did not personally have this experience, but have heard from one person that the interview day consists of waiting in a room for 4 hours to talk to the chair for 3 minutes and the PD for 4 minutes.
:sleep:

I did not personally have this experience, but have heard from one person that the interview day consists of waiting in a room for 4 hours to talk to the chair for 3 minutes and the PD for 4 minutes.

It was more like 10 minutes and 12 minutes.

Pretty boring day, but fairly short too.

Members don't see this ad :)

Ummmm... thats pretty much how MOST interviews go. :rolleyes:

I actually liked alot about the program. Great location, new facilities, and residents/PD with personality!

ehh already had the interview.... same interview experience as the other places. they served breakfast and lunch tho.:thumbup: nicccee

Not far from the truth. It may have changed for this year (I interviewed last year) as the chair was leaving the program and talk was the PD was going to replace him.

The PD came in and got us one by one and went through our application with a RED MARKER as if he was grading us. Seemed EXTREMELY disinterested (and talking to others, it wasn't just my application ;) ) and then the chair went over those red marks on our application. It was actually kinda comical. Total face time with the two of them was probably 20 minutes tops.

The facilities are nice at SL's, though. Word is the resident's don't love the program, but you'll have to talk to them yourselves when you interview.