St. Matthew's Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tayler67

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview with St. Matthew's this Friday 11/06, has anyone had an interview and knows what they askl? Does anyone have any insight? Please share. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I would only go to the Big 4

Maybe the OPs stats weren't good enough for the big 4...
SMU is probably 5...:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Disagree...I think AUA and MUA in Nevis are #5 and #6 respectively

Ya SMU has a pretty shaky clinical situation at the moment. And AUA is improving day by day. It's tough to rank schools beyond #4 anyway.

don't go to smu, period.
i'm a carib. ur best choices are sgu, ross, saba, auc..
look at their match list. saba had a derm last year categorical, uro, ortho, etc...sgu is impressive as is ross, i haven't checked out auc..
friend over at smu, who highly regrets it and wishes she'd gone to sgu or saba...
do not go there...period...

ariee- what about AUA or MUA? are they decent?

ariee- what about AUA or MUA? are they decent?

hey medorent- why are u considering the lower tiered carib schools? this is very risky...if it's money, then saba i believe has the lowest tuition and has the school name. the name of the school and it's reputation are impt when applying to residency. countless times i have had pd (program directors) say i know ur school has a good reputation.
u take ur schools reputation and u couple it with ur board scores- which must be high as a carib student- and in the door u are for a primary care residency. there are several competetive residencies each year that go to caribs, derm, rads, anesthesia, ortho.
here is where u need to prioritize urself (if i may humbly say :))
1. what kind of MD do i want to be
2. can i do well in the carib- do i have the work ethic
3. only look at the top 4; sgu, ross, saba, auc- no other- mua, aua are No's in my book, i would absolutely not go there, period
4. am i ready and have i exhausted all my other options- u US folks are a bit luckier in that u have more med schools and DO schools...

let me know if u've got any more q's, feel free to PM me.

don't go to smu, period.
i'm a carib. ur best choices are sgu, ross, saba, auc..
look at their match list. saba had a derm last year categorical, uro, ortho, etc...sgu is impressive as is ross, i haven't checked out auc..
friend over at smu, who highly regrets it and wishes she'd gone to sgu or saba...
do not go there...period...

Well, that's simply an opinion, not fact. I've recently interviewed at places where SMU grads are doing residency. No, their not top programs, but who cares? Will patients ask? And yes, many carib grads never get residency, but they had an opportunity to prove themselves, and many are. Obviously, OP would not be asking unless SMU was one of his top choices. I agree AUA and MUA are PROBABLY better, they seem to have more clinical spots, and SMU is on California's DISSAPROVED list, which is a bit disastrous. Not sure about AUA, but MUA is yet to apply, because they want to wait until they'll pass.