St Vincent Emergency Providers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeekerOfTheTree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of what happened to this group. I remember looking a few years ago around Indy and just for giggles looked them up; seems like gobbled up by vituity. Another SDG gone bye bye it seems.

Members don't see this ad.

Contract went up for bid and Vituity took it. I was not a part of the group but I'm in the area. Rumor was the network wanted one group to work all of their sites and they have a lot of CAH and rural sites. The previous group couldn't swing it so contract went out for bids. I hear most of the docs stayed on, some older ones didn't. I have heard that they still have a couple of small contracts that the old guard may still staff, but all the younger people either left or stayed on with vituity. Supposedly less hours and less pay, I think they might have negotiated a shorter buy period to become full partner, but again I don't know for sure.

Contract went up for bid and Vituity took it. I was not a part of the group but I'm in the area. Rumor was the network wanted one group to work all of their sites and they have a lot of CAH and rural sites. The previous group couldn't swing it so contract went out for bids. I hear most of the docs stayed on, some older ones didn't. I have heard that they still have a couple of small contracts that the old guard may still staff, but all the younger people either left or stayed on with vituity. Supposedly less hours and less pay, I think they might have negotiated a shorter buy period to become full partner, but again I don't know for sure.

$200/hr for most sites except a few and about 4-5 years to full partnership that’s about a 20 percent bonus on top of the regular income.

1500 annual hours otherwise.

It’s really only worth it after full partnership, which is a lot of years.

Also since you are a k1 partner, pretty much most expenses that are normally paid by an employer are essentially your responsibility, except you can write them off. So yeah…$1900-2000/month premium on health insurance, no cme funds, pay your own employer half of ficaa taxes….

Their offer only makes sense after partnership.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
$200/hr for most sites except a few and about 4-5 years to full partnership that’s about a 20 percent bonus on top of the regular income.

1500 annual hours otherwise.

It’s really only worth it after full partnership, which is a lot of years.

Also since you are a k1 partner, pretty much most expenses that are normally paid by an employer are essentially your responsibility, except you can write them off. So yeah…$1900-2000/month premium on health insurance, no cme funds, pay your own employer half of ficaa taxes….

Their offer only makes sense after partnership.
That’s low. What did the old group make?

Reactions: 1 user
That’s low. What did the old group make?
When I interviewed there, it was a two year buy in (low pay and more hours) and then 5 more years until full partner. As a junior partner (or whatever they called it) you made significantly more than the first two years and got retirement benefits and some paid time off. A full partner took 7 years to achieve and I am pretty sure made in the 400s with reasonable hours (<1400). They worked 4-5 sites. The big site was busy but the other sites were more chill. This was over 8 years ago and they have since become a trauma center and I am sure volumes have increased, so pay may have gone up. Other than the long partnership track, they had some administrators and group founders who were still paid very well and didn't seem to do much, so that rubbed me the wrong way. I am glad I steered clear. Either way, they make less now, so Vituity must be getting their cut.

When I interviewed there, it was a two year buy in (low pay and more hours) and then 5 more years until full partner. As a junior partner (or whatever they called it) you made significantly more than the first two years and got retirement benefits and some paid time off. A full partner took 7 years to achieve and I am pretty sure made in the 400s with reasonable hours (<1400). They worked 4-5 sites. The big site was busy but the other sites were more chill. This was over 8 years ago and they have since become a trauma center and I am sure volumes have increased, so pay may have gone up. Other than the long partnership track, they had some administrators and group founders who were still paid very well and didn't seem to do much, so that rubbed me the wrong way. I am glad I steered clear. Either way, they make less now, so Vituity must be getting their cut.
Vituity is transparent. (I am not a vituity guy). I think they take 22% off the top then pay it back to the "full partners" of what is left.

There is something to the vituity thing that just doesnt sit right with me but I cant put my finger on it. They have sought out growth but in a true fair equal partnership this rarely makes financial sense. Vituity took this contract and I know they took some in the APP debacle, they also kicked out an SDG in virginia. This doesnt seem like the type of behavior an equal and fair partnership would do. Again, I have never seen anything to the contrary but it just doesnt sit quite right.

Man 7 years to making 400k? Is that a joke?

More like northern Indianapolis > san diego. Carmel and fishers are incredible places to raise a family
#sarcasm but yeah Carmel is real nice. I was up there not too long ago. I am not a cali guy but if $$ didn’t matter SD might be the best city in America. My 2 cents.