St. Vincents Manhattan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp1129

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you coming here to interview should know that this place is not what it seems. Every year some resident is fired/asked to leave under fairly conspicuous circumstances. Considering the whole program is just 5 residents, it's a pretty substantial number. Go on scutwork to learn more.

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you coming here to interview should know that this place is not what it seems. Every year some resident is fired/asked to leave under fairly conspicuous circumstances. Considering the whole program is just 5 residents, it's a pretty substantial number. Go on scutwork to learn more.

Could you please elaborate a little more on your personal experiences?

Could you please elaborate a little more on your personal experiences?

i second this. most of the poor reviews came in late 2005, although i looked it up and the chair that everyone was bashing is still with the program. i actually have mild interest in st vincent's and would appreciate any specific insight into the indictment on scutwork.

Members don't see this ad :)
i second this. most of the poor reviews came in late 2005, although i looked it up and the chair that everyone was bashing is still with the program. i actually have mild interest in st vincent's and would appreciate any specific insight into the indictment on scutwork.

Yeah I am in the exact same boat. Hopefully the original OP or a current resident can share some information. I appreciate the post you bumped as well.

:eyebrow:

dude, I don't know anything about st. vincent's or whatever, but I think you're an a-hole for leaving such a bad and vague post on a porgram right in the heart of interview season...

St. vincent's could be the best or worst place ever or somewhere in between but you're post is IMHO ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS...

dude, I don't know anything about st. vincent's or whatever, but I think you're an a-hole for leaving such a bad and vague post on a porgram right in the heart of interview season...

St. vincent's could be the best or worst place ever or somewhere in between but you're post is IMHO ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS...

the guy who started this thread has been saying the same stuff about SV for a few years. that's more or less why i bumped the other SV thread, because he goes into a lot more detail there. i do agree, however, that having 2 threads doesnt help much if one of them is going to be this ambiguous.

the guy who started this thread has been saying the same stuff about SV for a few years. that's more or less why i bumped the other SV thread, because he goes into a lot more detail there. i do agree, however, that having 2 threads doesnt help much if one of them is going to be this ambiguous.

My interview experience: Nice smaller program in older looking manhattan building..get the vibe its like a private group running the residency with the HNIC being obvious and feared by everyone but I forget his name. That being said after meeting him that day I remember thinking.. this is the guy everyone says is horrible? seemed pretty mr. rogers to me...

that being said the interview day was surprisingly organized...good powerpoint, they even give you a copy on a flash drive you can keep, good idea i thought...the residents i talked to admitted that people had been fired but seemed to allude to the fact that it was for drugs...i can not back this up... otherwise the pain program seemed to take their own and it seemed like a pretty prestigious group though one of the female members seemed intense at my interview.. overall pleasantly surprised, small, modern, people SEEMED happy, but I too was worried by similar posts when I ranked (low)

This place is an old boys club. If you have a personality mismatch with someone, it automatically becomes grounds for dismissal. You r never told that this is the reason, but the dept. confabulates stories about you and documents it in your file, all in an effort to get you to 'resign' or transfer. They always say that the anesthesiologist requires a certain personality. In reality, they only want people who match their personalities. Ask them at your interview: when was the last time you graduated a full class?

I'm sorry if people think it is inappropriate to mention this at interview time. If not now, then when? after match day? I got duped and i'm stuck here. I'm trying to help u guys out by telling u that while i can't disclose my identity, i can tell u that those scutwork reviews are on point.

Also, there is a decrease in case load here. no transplant/neuro/peds. Seniors aren't allowed to do electives from what i hear, and the dept. is more concerned about the business than about the residents.

I dont know what they told u at the interview bec. i wasn't there, but rest assured, this place is NOT what it seems. IF still u want to take your chances, be my guest.

everything u r hearing is accurate. There is no more manhattan housing, and yet they keep talking about it. One resident leaves every year, yet they give no mention of it. The case load here is pathetic. No neuro/peds/transplant. dont think u'll do hi risk OB either. This place is a B & B cases program and u make up numbers to graduate.

To those of you who want specifics, its not easy being detailed here bec. we may give away our identity and pay for it by a vengeful program. This is y we have to be evasive. If still you guys come here, its your own doing. You've been warned.

That's alot better...

Thanks for following up...

People post alot of garbage on here sometimes and it's hard to make out what's what...