St. Vincent's vs UMDNJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasgodess

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

No one ever seems to reply to my cries for help :(

Please any thoughts on the two? Pretty please, pretty , pretty, pretty, please...

Thanks

I would go with StV over UMDNJ, if it's the UMDNJ in Newark and on probation. I don't see any advantages of UMDNJ over StV, except perhaps being a university based program, but it's rep is pretty lowly so I wouldn't be swayed by that. Robert Wood Johnson, though, I would pick over StV.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely St. Vinny's over UMDNJ.... just my opinion. Can't beat St. Vinny's location in the city, some pretty nice people there, etc.

Good luck with the decision!

About UMDNJ Newark

New Dept Chair - Dr.Delphin

Came from Columbia 2 years ago.
Has trained program directors at other institutions (Penn Included)
Knows Dr.Barash personally

Sometimes connections help.
My $0.02

gasgodess said:
Any thoughts??

There are no good anesthesiology programs in either NJ, NY, or Pennsylvania. The latter two states' programs are too unstable. As for NJ...programs just suck. This is fact.

I'm familiar with the UMDNJ Newark program, and I would definitely not go there............

huh??? i thought columbia, upenn, etc. were good programs.

IN2bait said:
There are no good anesthesiology programs in either NJ, NY, or Pennsylvania. The latter two states' programs are too unstable. As for NJ...programs just suck. This is fact.

Test Boy said:
huh??? i thought columbia, upenn, etc. were good programs.

What exactly is the "etc"...I'd love to hear that, huh?

columbia used to be until all this merger crap happened...upenn is hardly a well-respected program. you see, ivy association really mean little when it comes to the quality of the individual program. e.g., mgh has VERY average program, but you probably think it would be excellent. it's very complicated, more than I could get into here, so don't worry about it and go to upenn...they try to get a job.

hey "I dont KNow" what do you know about newarks program. have they gotten their **** together yet or is it still a cesspool of complacency over there..

Newark.. what a mess over there.

Thanks all. I hope I made the right decision. :confused: At least my part is over :) :)