Staff appreciation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopelessMS

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’ve been on the other side as staff. I know how important it is to feel that what you do to support the physicians are appreciated.

Although I am a resident and do not make attending $$, I show my appreciation by gifting a “bonus” each holiday season. Last year each staff in my clinic got from me a $$ “bonus.” This year the “bonus” will be more than last year’s. I gift $$ since when I was staff I would rather get $$ than a card or a trinket that ends up as clutter on my desk.

I do this on my own and no faculty or residents know. I see myself continuing this each year as a resident and then as an attending. Without staff doing what they do, I wouldn’t be able to treat my patients.