Staff Pharmacist Interview!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anon89

Hero of Hyrule
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I finally got an interview!! :) It's this coming Monday in a small hospital close to me (~100 beds). I was searching the forum looking for things that I should prepare, but I was wondering if anyone had any extra input/advice on what I should expect for the interview and and how I should prepare?

Oh, the HR person that called me said I was interviewing with the director of pharmacy, but idk if there will also be other people there.

Thanks so much!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I work at a hospital of similar size. We desire pharmacists who are efficient and have strong clinical skills. You have to work well independently as well as on an interdisciplinary team. You'll have to be a jack-of-all-trades pharmacist, so make sure you express a desire to learn! Be kind to everyone you come across at the interview, including HR folks, pharm techs, and other pharmacists. Send me a message if you have any specific questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I work as a staff pharmacist at 250 bed hospital. I would want to ask what kind of training you would receive, what kind of support (on call) you would have, and what your mix of clinical vs disruptive responsibilities. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks.

Thanks so much guys! This is really helpful. I love learning and I learn pretty quickly, so I"m totally ok with doing everything. I'm also very techy and I'm always known as the go-to IT person anywhere I am lol so I think I should talk about that with them as well? Because that's something they may not already have in the pharmacy (at least I think)

Do you know what kinds of questions they'll ask?