Staff vs. SP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

killingbill

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a staff pharmacist with WAGs in a busier store and have a good amount of help. I have an offer to be a SP at a much slower store with alot less help. Is it worth being an SP for WAGs? Also I was told that there is a bonus restructuring for WAGs? What's the average bonus for an SP? Also, I was told that there is a restructuring where the SP will report to the store manager and not the district pharmacy supervisor?? Any input would be appreciated.
 
For a staff pharmacist, the direct supervisor is the RXM. With the change in bonus structure, it'll be almost impossible to get one. You'll need a review of 3.5 or higher. Mind you, they make sure the clear majority of pharmacists score between 2.5 and 3.5. At a slower store, you will have fewer techs but you also have less to do. There is good and bad at being at a slow store vs a busy one.