Stafford Loan limits?

Started by ngkats
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ngkats

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had previously thought that the breakdown of stafford loans for med students was an annual maximum of 8,500 for subsidized loans and an annual maximum of 32,000 for unsubsidized loans.

But this link, if I'm not mistaken (which I hope I am), says different
http://www.staffordloan.com/stafford-loan-info/

If you scroll down, it seems to say that there is an annual maximum of 8,500 of subsidized but only 12,000 unsubsidized.

Anyone?:idea:
 
I'm pretty sure they just don't have medical on there - because it doesn't fall into the same category as graduate/professional. I remember being told its around 40.5K a year, but the only place I could find it was here.

http://finaid.msu.edu/limits.asp
 
~40.5 k is the correct #. after that you'll have to go to gradplus loans
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
40.5k a year? I thought it was a maximum of 40.5k (~8k of which is subsidized) period, i.e. for all 4 years.
-Roy