Stagnant UW %

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

septoplasty

Exceptional
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been stagnant at 55% for the last 4 blocks x 44q's (have done 7 in total), and have not improved and thus feel hopeless.

I seem to have a problem of stumbling when i've narrowed the options down to 2, and end up picking the wrong one. Anyone have any plausible explanation for this? I'm not sure if I have to go over MTB quickly or do a full skim of blueprints or something.

I'm trying to review MTB as much as I can, but after doing 3 blocks + 3 block review a day, i'm way too fatigued to even think about MTB or anything else.

My exam is on the 20th next month. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's normal for your score to stay stagnant for the first 1000 questions. Then it suddenly jumps by 5-10%. According to the correlation in the infamous sticky thread, that could mean the difference between a ~220 and a ~240.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its hard to say exactly. UWorld has dozens of near-duplicate questions (I don't mind this it helps you learn), lots of new questions I've got are updates of old ones. It all depends if you get a good question that further explains 5 future questions first and then get them later. I would say future performance is more indicative of your last 25% then your first because you are building test taking AND knowledge (in theory).

In the end you just have to put in the time.

Last edited:
I think its hard to say exactly. UWorld has dozens of near-duplicate questions (I don't mind this it helps you learn), lots of new questions I've got are updates of old ones. It all depends if you get a good question that further explains 5 future questions first and then get them later. I would say future performance is more indicative of your last 25% then your first because you are building test taking AND knowledge (in theory).

In the end you just have to put in the time.
I agree, logically last 300 or so questions should be predictive of final outcome.

I've pretty stayed still at 60% after having gone through 12% more of UW.

Again, you shouldn't expect your score to jump so quickly. Once you've been through about half of UW, you'll start to feel like a lot of the new questions are testing concepts similar to things you've seen before, and your scores will start to go up substantially.

Okay, just finished UW today. Last 50% of Qbank cumulative was 58%.

Overall Cumulative score was 61% first time, timed, mixed.

I guess I didn't jump so much, regardless, if the scorrelation formula holds up, Im looking at something like 239. Would completely be satisfied.

On to Secrets/MTB and NBME.