Stamina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartrate

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys maintain your stamina while doing successive blocks like on NBMEs (or on the real thing)?

I found myself getting quite tired by the end of block 2 and going on autopilot for blocks 3 and 4 during the last NBME I took. I feel like my stamina is not what it used to be, but I don't know if this is because of fatigue from studying or just that I cannot physically do more than 2 blocks without feeling drained. I even got up, walked around, and ate something between one of the blocks, but I felt that only boosted me for about 5 minutes before I started feeling tired again.

Going over UW answers has been the most energy consuming thing for me and now that I'm nearly finished with UW, I feel my basal energy level is not quite there, which manifests as getting easy questions wrong and not being able think clearly.

Not sure how to deal with this on test day and it makes me kind of cringe thinking about taking more practice tests.

Members don't see this ad.

Practice practice practice... Practice doing 3 blocks together for few days then add more as you go along from questions banks. Redo UW or get another qbank to practice like Rx/Kaplan etc. I was having similar problem as you so I decided to do 3-4 blocks per day.