Program-Specific Info / Q's Stanbridge MSOT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TM8

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to make a thread to see if anyone has gotten an interview for the Stanbridge MSOT program? I have an interview on Dec 11 and I am super nervous! If anyone has any advice or knows anything about the interviews I would appreciate any help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I submitted my app on Sep 15 and haven't heard back yet. When did you receive the interview invite?

Hey, I submitted my app on Sep 15 and haven't heard back yet. When did you receive the interview invite?
They just called me last Monday the 23rd! Did you ever get confirmation that they received your app? I never got a confirmation email or anything about that so I called and asked about it and left a message for my admissions advisor and then she called me back. So maybe you could try that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I wanted to make a thread to see if anyone has gotten an interview for the Stanbridge MSOT program? I have an interview on Dec 11 and I am super nervous! If anyone has any advice or knows anything about the interviews I would appreciate any help!!
hey there! how did the interview go? and was it through zoom or in person? I just submitted my application on OTCAS so it will probably be a while before I hear back but any helpful info would be great!

I got a two calls in November regarding my application and my interest in the school. But aside from that, no interviews or nothing. :/

I called the school mid-November to see if they received my application, and they got back to me on 11/23 saying they received it and I will hear from them. I still haven't heard anything from them yet :(.

I called the school mid-November to see if they received my application, and they got back to me on 11/23 saying they received it and I will hear from them. I still haven't heard anything from them yet :(.
They tend to be a bit slow cause they are going over the apps and trying to see if the pre-reqs are good. Last year I submitted my app in October and didn't hear back until January to set up an interview for February. It turns out my stats pre-req was too old, so I had to submit a waiver.

So don't worry as long as they received it, it is in the works. I'm sure the pandemic made things even more difficult unfortunately. :(

I got a two calls in November regarding my application and my interest in the school. But aside from that, no interviews or nothing. :/
Hi ya’ll. I got a call yesterday saying that I am qualified for an interview and that they will be emailing me the date/time soon. Interviews will be during mid-January.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi ya’ll. I got a call yesterday saying that I am qualified for an interview and that they will be emailing me the date/time soon. Interviews will be during mid-January.
good luck on your interview! when did you submit your app? and also, would you happen to know if the interviews are in person or over zoom?

good luck on your interview! when did you submit your app? and also, would you happen to know if the interviews are in person or over zoom?
I submitted it like Oct 1? It will be over Zoom. 45 min interview with 45 min impromptu essay.

How did the interview go? Was it in person or through zoom?

I got my acceptance today! Interviewed last Friday. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats!! i interview next friday and im nervous 😭
hi, when did you get an email regarding your interview? i still haven't heard from them yet and I submitted in october :(

congrats!! i interview next friday and im nervous 😭
Thank you! The interview was actually not bad, most questions I feel most applicants can readily answer. The professors are really nice!

hi, when did you get an email regarding your interview? i still haven't heard from them yet and I submitted in october :(
When I submitted by application in December, I attended an information session right after and told them I had submitted. I also emailed the admissions director about my application. I would try to do that.

i submitted my app in december but hadn't heard anything so i called the office this past week to follow up and they offered me an interview. i would suggest calling!

When I submitted by application in December, I attended an information session right after and told them I had submitted. I also emailed the admissions director about my application. I would try to do that.

i submitted my app in december but hadn't heard anything so i called the office this past week to follow up and they offered me an interview. i would suggest calling!

Oh okay! I sent an email to Dorie the admissions rep so hopefully she gets back to me this following week! I'm a little irked that we have to contact them to potentially get an interview. When I contacted them back in November, they said they would follow up with me once they've reviewed my app. Thank you for the help, both of you!

Anybody else going through interviews/received acceptances at Stanbridge? I'm curious to see their admissions process. I have already talked to financial aid and will likely be attending.

Anybody else going through interviews/received acceptances at Stanbridge? I'm curious to see their admissions process. I have already talked to financial aid and will likely be attending.
Hi! Sorry this doesn't answer your question but I was wondering what the interview and essay were like? My interview is next Friday and I'm pretty nervous.

Sure, I'm glad to help. The interview I had was with two other students. All of you will be asked different questions, whether it's about leadership or how you plan to deal with a certain situation. The professors are really nice and not intimidating at all, so I wouldn't be nervous. After the individual questions, they will have you do a short group collaboration where you will have to put your heads together to answer the prompt (for me it was planning an event). They will then email you a prompt which you will have 45 mins to answer offline, then you scan or take a picture of your essay and email them back. I would also contact your admissions rep for any questions - they have been so helpful to me every step of the way and so great with answering my questions.

Sure, I'm glad to help. The interview I had was with two other students. All of you will be asked different questions, whether it's about leadership or how you plan to deal with a certain situation. The professors are really nice and not intimidating at all, so I wouldn't be nervous. After the individual questions, they will have you do a short group collaboration where you will have to put your heads together to answer the prompt (for me it was planning an event). They will then email you a prompt which you will have 45 mins to answer offline, then you scan or take a picture of your essay and email them back. I would also contact your admissions rep for any questions - they have been so helpful to me every step of the way and so great with answering my questions.
Thank you so much!! I appreciate it

Hi everyone! For those who got accepted and plan on attending Stanbridge, what are your reasons for choosing this school? I'm debating if I want to apply to this school but haven't heard much about their program compared to other OT schools in SoCal. Any info will be much-appreciated thanks!

Location, high NBCOT pass rate, curriculum, high tech equipment, and also my choices when it comes to location is fairly limited (I can't move). I've also had a pretty good experience so far with the admissions team, they have answered all my questions and were very patient with me. I think there's an info session tomorrow for MSOT, I would check that out.

Location, high NBCOT pass rate, curriculum, high tech equipment, and also my choices when it comes to location is fairly limited (I can't move). I've also had a pretty good experience so far with the admissions team, they have answered all my questions and were very patient with me. I think there's an info session tomorrow for MSOT, I would check that out.
Thank you so much! I actually attended their info session last year but I'll try to check it out again in case they changed things

How was your interview?
I think it went pretty well! Like you said, the professors were so nice and easy to talk to. The other two candidates I was interviewing with were really nice and supportive too so it was overall a great time. Thanks for remembering, I appreciate it! :)

I think it went pretty well! Like you said, the professors were so nice and easy to talk to. The other two candidates I was interviewing with were really nice and supportive too so it was overall a great time. Thanks for remembering, I appreciate it! :)
That's so awesome! I had a great experience on my interview too. I hope you get some good news soon!

That's so awesome! I had a great experience on my interview too. I hope you get some good news soon!
Just got a call today that I was accepted! If you wanna connect on something other than SDN, my Instagram is @lauren.dea :)

Reactions: 1 users
For the individual questions, the other 2 applicants are just listening in and won't be answering the questions I got asked, and vice versa? If so then the group interview is just for the group collaboration afterward?

Yes to both, the individual questions will be different for each person.

Hi!
I recently got accepted to Stanbridge and am strongly considering attending. If any of you live around the area, could you tell me a little bit about the neighborhoods and housing? I know California rent is a bit more expensive than from where I'm from but I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places.
On another note, if anyone else has gotten accepted and wants to talk, let me know! I'm really excited to meet some of you before the program starts.

I live about 35 miles away from Irvine, CA and am prepared to do the commute. SoCal is generally more expensive than most areas, but if you are looking for places Orange County where it is a little more affordable I would consider Fullerton, Anaheim, Garden Grove, Buena Park, Brea or Cypress. Irvine is super expensive - some people get roommates to shoulder the cost. I am excited to meet everyone too, maybe we can create a social media group!

• Care
I live about 35 miles away from Irvine, CA and am prepared to do the commute. SoCal is generally more expensive than most areas, but if you are looking for places Orange County where it is a little more affordable I would consider Fullerton, Anaheim, Garden Grove, Buena Park, Brea or Cypress. Irvine is super expensive - some people get roommates to shoulder the cost. I am excited to meet everyone too, maybe we can create a social media group!
Hi I was accepted into stanbridge and also live about 30 miles away! I agree, Irvine is pretty expensive. Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, and Tustin are other cities that are affordable and nearby.
Please lmk if you decide to make a social media group. It’d be nice to get to know some of you guys beforehand!

Hi I was accepted into stanbridge and also live about 30 miles away! I agree, Irvine is pretty expensive. Fountain Valley, Santa Ana, and Tustin are other cities that are affordable and nearby.
Please lmk if you decide to make a social media group. It’d be nice to get to know some of you guys beforehand!
@otdforever @mmaics I made a GroupMe in case anyone wants to join! Here's the link: GroupMe

Hey everyone! I was recently waitlisted for the program! Does anyone have any tips for the waiting period?

Last edited: