Standard Deviation: GPA & DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2pac

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future Dentists,

What do u guys know about the Standard deviation in GPA and DAT scores. You know it is easier for some schools who tend to have 50-60 seats to keep their standards high ( I mean GPA above 3.0 and 20's in DAT) but what about schools who take large pool of applicants.

Any thoughts..............................

2pac-

Members don't see this ad.

2pac said:
Hello future Dentists,

What do u guys know about the Standard deviation in GPA and DAT scores. You know it is easier for some schools who tend to have 50-60 seats to keep their standards high ( I mean GPA above 3.0 and 20's in DAT) but what about schools who take large pool of applicants.

Any thoughts..............................

2pac-

Hey guys I was kindof disappointed that no body read or commented about this thread. What are you views on it.

2pac said:
Hey guys I was kindof disappointed that no body read or commented about this thread. What are you views on it.

I'm just not sure what your question IS. Are you asking what SD measures? Within how many SD's from the mean your scores fall? Which dental schools have lower average incoming stats? I don't think anyone really understood what you're asking.

2pac said:

I don't know why you are so concerned with standard deviations and such -- just try and do the best you can in your classes and on the DAT. This way you get to choose where you want to go to school.

If you are interested in the mean GPA/DAT and the class size for all dental schools, then follow this link. This site was made by someone on SDN and has great information.