Standard order sets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrustratedFamDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully not coming to an out patient clinic any time soon.

Had one of my seasoned citizens see me for a hospital f/u yesterday. Wonderful 71 y/o woman who may have gotten confused and hit a pole at Walmart. EMS took her to the ER. Agree. Labs, ekg. Agree. CT scans. Agree. PREGNANCY TEST ON A 71 Y/O WOMAN PRIOR TO CT. Seriously?

Are we REALLY trying to reduce the cost of healthcare or is this all just lip service? How much lobbying did it take on behalf of hospital associations to make that nugget standard of care?

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully not coming to an out patient clinic any time soon.

Had one of my seasoned citizens see me for a hospital f/u yesterday. Wonderful 71 y/o woman who may have gotten confused and hit a pole at Walmart. EMS took her to the ER. Agree. Labs, ekg. Agree. CT scans. Agree. PREGNANCY TEST ON A 71 Y/O WOMAN PRIOR TO CT. Seriously?

Are we REALLY trying to reduce the cost of healthcare or is this all just lip service? How much lobbying did it take on behalf of hospital associations to make that nugget standard of care?

Sounds like a multifactorial problem.. yes, the post-menopausal lady shouldn't have had a U HCG.. but than again why is the ED administered UHCG cost >$50? Lol.

The UHCG that my institution uses costs the patient $28 (+/- visit charge). This is the same test that can be bought at the dollar store.. #murica.