stanford admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murph

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have inquired about this program before, I am really wondering how competitive it is compared to the univ of Wash(medex), which is the other school I am applying. Is stanford more focused on academics or experiance like medex.

Members don't see this ad.

do yourself a big favor, go to medex. stanford is set up specifically for folks who only want to do FP for the rest of their lives. the program has very little specialty exposure. medex was the second pa program ever(after duke) and has a stellar reputation in the medical community.stanford until very recently had the distinction of providing the least # of clinical hours on rotations of any program in the country. they also train you side by side with NP's and this is a mistake. nothing against np's, but their training focus is very different from that in pa school. more biopsychosocial issues in the classroom and less procedures and clinical exposure to patients. the typical np program has less than 700 hrs of clinical time while the average for pa school is>2000.
p.s. dude, you already live near a medex satelite campus! do you know how expensive california in general and palo alto in particular are to live in? can you say $1500/month for a 1 bedroom apt and >$1000/yr for car insurance.