Stanford MSTP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

durfen

I see plans within plans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody recieved interview invitations from stanford MSTP yet? The status page indicates that interview decisions are made in March/April. I know MD's already started interviewing from the interview invites thread........

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody recieved interview invitations from stanford MSTP yet? The status page indicates that interview decisions are made in March/April. I know MD's already started interviewing from the interview invites thread........

I interviewed early November for MD only, and there were MSTP applicants interviewing while I was there.

infact not to be negative, but according to the stanford MSTP website, they are almost done interviewing. if you think about this logically, they have no interview dates within the MSTP interview dates left. Therefore, if they are part of the same committee, we almost certainly got a rejection. in fact, if i don't hear back by next week i am going to mark myself as rejected, same with harvard. what was i thinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what is on the status page for Stanford:

"Please be patient during the review process as decisions regarding interview invitations will be made late March through April. You will be contacted by email and regular mail if you are selected to interview"

But yes, looking at the interview dates, things do look dismal.

This is what is on the status page for Stanford:

"Please be patient during the review process as decisions regarding interview invitations will be made late March through April. You will be contacted by email and regular mail if you are selected to interview"

But yes, looking at the interview dates, things do look dismal.

its okay thought don't loss hope, the problem with my argument is well what if MSTP is not attached to MD hehe in terms of interview. i hope your other schools are going well.

its okay thought don't loss hope, the problem with my argument is well what if MSTP is not attached to MD hehe in terms of interview. i hope your other schools are going well.

Yeah man, got one mstp acceptance, but Stanford is really what fits me. MSTP as far as I know is not attached to MD at Stanford. They are separate, except that you need an MD acceptance for MSTP to give you an acceptance.

Yeah man, got one mstp acceptance, but Stanford is really what fits me. MSTP as far as I know is not attached to MD at Stanford. They are separate, except that you need an MD acceptance for MSTP to give you an acceptance.

look at it this way, i don't have a single acceptance, and statistically if i get rejected for interview from JHU, which i did, i will probably not get into any MSTP program. so, hehe on that note, be happy. haha, i am going to pray that i get in somewhere.

infact not to be negative, but according to the stanford MSTP website, they are almost done interviewing. if you think about this logically, they have no interview dates within the MSTP interview dates left. Therefore, if they are part of the same committee, we almost certainly got a rejection. in fact, if i don't hear back by next week i am going to mark myself as rejected, same with harvard. what was i thinking.

Uh....just to set the facts straight:

Interview Dates:
November 13, 2006
December 11, 2006
January 22, 2007
February 5, 2007
February 26, 2007

http://mstp.stanford.edu/admissions.html

Not even halfway through.

Interview Dates:
November 13, 2006
December 11, 2006
January 22, 2007
February 5, 2007
February 26, 2007

your right, but according to one of the other threads, stanford's earliest interview is late MARCH. according to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=350123 as i clearly remember, February is before march. hehe. so i didn't over look that detail. i am simply claiming if the interviews are linked and the information on that thread is accurate, it is not very LIKELY. so thank you for setting the facts straight and yes technically we are not half way.

your right, but according to one of the other threads, stanford's earliest interview is late MARCH. according to http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=350123 as i clearly remember, February is before march. hehe. so i didn't over look that detail. i am simply claiming if the interviews are linked and the information on that thread is accurate, it is not very LIKELY. so thank you for setting the facts straight and yes technically we are not half way.

Alright aright, due to popular demand, I will rate this thread. i say 6 in bed.:thumbup:

MSTP scheduling is different....they say they can notify you up to 2 weeks before an interview date.

"MSTP interviews cover both the MD and MD/PhD portions of your application and you will not need to schedule additional interviews for the MD application."

MSTP scheduling is different....they say they can notify you up to 2 weeks before an interview date.

my mistake then hehe, yea as i have told the OP lol the programs being linked is a critical assumption that if invalid, well haha its invalid. i think the OP has more than a great chance at getting into stanford good luck to the OP

my mistake then hehe, yea as i have told the OP lol the programs being linked is a critical assumption that if invalid, well haha its invalid. i think the OP has more than a great chance at getting into stanford good luck to the OP

I'm not that easily pwned. gg

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not that easily pwned. gg

didn't say u were, was just saying haha if they were linked, me and OP should start putting rejection status rather than submitted status, its good to know we are not down and out yet because in every way possible stanford offers the best opportunities for the research i want to do.

I've been complete since September and haven't received a word from them. I contacted the MSTP office a few weeks ago and they said they hadn't even reviewed my application then. However, the MSTP gives out rejection letters via snail-mail after they review your application, so no news is still good news, I suppose.

I've been complete since September and haven't received a word from them. I contacted the MSTP office a few weeks ago and they said they hadn't even reviewed my application then. However, the MSTP gives out rejection letters via snail-mail after they review your application, so no news is still good news, I suppose.

lol Mr. Tee, i would give you my Tea from china lol if u lived in santa monica.

Thanks all for your comments here, it's been helpful!

So yeah. looks like we're not halfway yet and they haven't even reviewed september completions (I'm late september). So let's cross our fingers a bit, heh.

<-- changed avatar from Guild Navigator from the movie Dune to Lord Ganesha.

Thanks all for your comments here, it's been helpful!

So yeah. looks like we're not halfway yet and they haven't even reviewed september completions (I'm late september). So let's cross our fingers a bit, heh.

<-- changed avatar from Guild Navigator from the movie Dune to Lord Ganesha.

Actually, some people complete in October have already been invited to interview. There's no method to this madness.

Actually, some people complete in October have already been invited to interview. There's no method to this madness.

The thing is your app is reviewed first by a med student (in my case, it's worse, an MSTP student with less time than a ephemeroptera). When you get interviewed really depends on when the med student gets around to reading your app.

lol shoot, technically it hasn't gotten to Nov hehe, maybe they still haven't looked at me (but then again haha low probabilit)

Indeed, interviews at Stanford MSTP have been ongoing, but as with most schools, the timing of the invite/rejection seems a bit random. In my other MSTP interviews, other interviewees commented that they haven't heard anything yet from Stanford (among other schools), so I wouldn't worry just yet :)

As a quick note, perhaps you would receive a bit more feedback from the MD/PhD forum as well?

Merry Christmas!

Interview Dates:
November 13, 2006
December 11, 2006
January 22, 2007
February 5, 2007
February 26, 2007

while it is true that only 2 out of the 5 dates for interviews have taken place, they still send out invitations earlier, right? i was invited for 1/22/07 or 2/5/07 two weeks ago, so i imagine that they are now almost done inviting 4/5 of all mstp interviewees? not sure...

well, it seems like they send out interview invitations anywhere from two months before up to a few weeks before the interview, cause I got an invitation for 1/22 in november. So they probably aren't done scheduling people for february 5 yet.

p.s. crimsonkid are you gonna be there 1/22? or did you opt for feb 5?

well, it seems like they send out interview invitations anywhere from two months before up to a few weeks before the interview, cause I got an invitation for 1/22 in november. So they probably aren't done scheduling people for february 5 yet.

p.s. crimsonkid are you gonna be there 1/22? or did you opt for feb 5?

i opted for 2/5 because i had to reschedule columbia for 1/22... how about you?

I'm gonna be there on January 22. too bad... good luck, though

Good luck everyone...but my crossed fingers are starting to hurt now.

Anybody hear anything on the grapevine?

got the interview invite early Nov, for the 1/22 date.

So apparently i've passed the 'first review' for the interview invite. Does anyone know what that means?
Is there a separate review process for the MD side?

Well it seems that they added some more interview dates. I got an email today for interviews on 3/9.

Well it seems that they added some more interview dates. I got an email today for interviews on 3/9.

Got rejected last week :confused:. Anybody know what my chances for the MD program are?

Anyone hear anything about acceptances yet?

Any more news yet, this waiting is killing me....

Any more news yet, this waiting is killing me....

Dr. Barsh said that they accept a few people early on, but that they make the bulk of their decisions at once (similar to UCLA). I interviewed in early March and he said we should hear at around a month after, so April.

hum dee dum.... (twiddles thumbs, looks around, twiddles thumbs again) :rolleyes:

Accepted via email today. Hope this helps...

Congrats! This your first choice?

Thanks. It's always been one of my top three choices, but I'm not sure where I'll be matriculating at this point. Hoping the revisits will help. Good luck to you! =)

Anybody know what the chances are for an internal application by an MD?

I've heard that Stanford MSTP tends to prefer accepting MD-internal applicants, over a waitlist (which seems to be somewhat nonexistant). That being said, I have also heard that the internal admissions favor those with prior experience at Stanford, since it requires a very aggressive proposal practically when the term begins.

But again, I'm no expert and it's all "hear"say :luck:

I've heard that Stanford MSTP tends to prefer accepting MD-internal applicants, over a waitlist (which seems to be somewhat nonexistant). That being said, I have also heard that the internal admissions favor those with prior experience at Stanford, since it requires a very aggressive proposal practically when the term begins.

But again, I'm no expert and it's all "hear"say :luck:

Oh I have experience. And aggressive proposals. :eek:

Anyone know if there's ever movement on the "unofficial" waitlist?