Stanford/UCSF interview days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a non-interview related trip to the Bay Area in the fall and was wondering what day(s) of the week Stanford and UCSF conduct interviews? I might extend my trip by 1-2 days so that if I'm fortunate to get an interview I'll already be there and can get it done in one shot.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I have a non-interview related trip to the Bay Area in the fall and was wondering what day(s) of the week Stanford and UCSF conduct interviews? I might extend my trip by 1-2 days so that if I'm fortunate to get an interview I'll already be there and can get it done in one shot.

Thanks!

The interview schedules can change from year to year. Easiest way to get the most current information is to just pick up the phone and call the program coordinator. They don't bite.

Not to criticize, but as a general point to you and future posters, this forum is not an ideal place for asking that specific question. The likelihood of someone here having accurate information about the interview days for a specific program in a specific year is quite small, I suspect!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to criticize, but as a general point to you and future posters, this forum is not an ideal place for asking that specific question. The likelihood of someone here having accurate information about the interview days for a specific program in a specific year is quite small, I suspect!

Ummm...this forum is most definately the type of place for that question. even if there are only 10 people applying to psych in any given year occasionally browsing this forum, there is a good chance that out of those 10 at least 1 would be applying to those programs as well....

Ummm...this forum is most definately the type of place for that question. even if there are only 10 people applying to psych in any given year occasionally browsing this forum, there is a good chance that out of those 10 at least 1 would be applying to those programs as well....

It's probably still a bit early for people to start getting that info.

Again... the easiest way to get this information is to pick up the phone and call them.

Last year I think it was Stanford Thursday UCSF Friday. They were considering changing it because it made the meet the resident dinner events conflict (Stanford did after and UCSF before) so your best bet is to call the coordinators.

The interview schedules can change from year to year. Easiest way to get the most current information is to just pick up the phone and call the program coordinator. They don't bite.

This.

Note that even Bartelby's attempt to give helpful information was indefinite, and at high risk for imperfect recall of the fog of interview season.

Also, I think that behind the OP's question is the Fear That Asking A Direct Question Will Hurt My Interview Prospects. Please, people. We're grownups. Just ask for the information already. (But ask nicely.)

Thanks to the responder who tried to help. I actually did call but the coordinator is away for a while, and I need to book tix now, which is why I came to this forum looking for info.

I was actually wondering about this also. I will be doing an away mid october to mid november and I will be applying to several programs in the area. I could extend my stay for a week or even two for interviews if I were to get them. Would that be too early to call and ask as some of you are suggesting?

note: in the area of my away, not in the area where the original poster asked.

I was actually wondering about this also. I will be doing an away mid october to mid november and I will be applying to several programs in the area. I could extend my stay for a week or even two for interviews if I were to get them. Would that be too early to call and ask as some of you are suggesting?

note: in the area of my away, not in the area where the original poster asked.

The fact that you are doing an away elective has nothing to do with what would be reasonable to do here. Even if you weren't doing an away elective, it would be reasonable for you to call up these programs and inquire about either (a) what they think their interview schedule/timing will be like this year, or (b) if they don't yet have this information, what their interview schedule/timing was like last year.