Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j-weezy

MS1
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are rumors on the pre-allo forum that Stanford's secondary will be out sometime today....anyone heard anything about this? Is it a change in policy to not screen pre-secondary? I thought you had to be invited last year.

Anyways, hopefully I can have one fewer school to be waiting on....

-j

Members don't see this ad.

There are rumors on the pre-allo forum that Stanford's secondary will be out sometime today....anyone heard anything about this? Is it a change in policy to not screen pre-secondary? I thought you had to be invited last year.

Anyways, hopefully I can have one fewer school to be waiting on....

-j

From everything I have gathered only screened applicants get secondaries. As far as those invites being sent out today: I have no idea.

Welp back to my q-PCR plate!

-KW

according to the Stanford website:

"ALL applicants will be invited to submit a Stanford Supplemental Application once we receive your AMCAS application. Invitations will be sent via e-mail and regular mail, and will be accompanied by directions for completing the Supplemental Application. We STRONGLY suggest that you complete it as soon as possible. All materials, including your letters of recommendation, must be postmarked by the deadline."

Members don't see this ad :)
according to the Stanford website:

"ALL applicants will be invited to submit a Stanford Supplemental Application once we receive your AMCAS application. Invitations will be sent via e-mail and regular mail, and will be accompanied by directions for completing the Supplemental Application. We STRONGLY suggest that you complete it as soon as possible. All materials, including your letters of recommendation, must be postmarked by the deadline."

Woah! They definitely changed that since the last time I looked at their website. In fact that is why I wasn't worried about Stanford being so late.

Am I the only one who thinks that the 11 or so essays for Stanford are entirely unnecessary?

I hate the fact that they admit that they are asking questions from the AMCAS application, yet still want you to rewrite everything?

Am I the only one who thinks that the 11 or so essays for Stanford are entirely unnecessary?

I hate the fact that they admit that they are asking questions from the AMCAS application, yet still want you to rewrite everything?

I've yet to get the Stanford invite so I'm feeling the sting of neglect.... From looking at the essay topics however, Stanford doesn't seem quite as bad as Duke

eh - I'm grumpy! I'm tired of waiting for secondaries/completing secondaries/seeing all the MD-only applicants get all of these interviews already!!!!

-j

eh - I'm grumpy! I'm tired of waiting for secondaries/completing secondaries/seeing all the MD-only applicants get all of these interviews already!!!!

ditto. I posted the Stanford essays in the MSTP secondary thread if you guys are interested in getting a head start.

"The AMCAS application has required essay responses to MD/PhD program interest. You may use information from these responses in the sections that follow, but you are required to answer every question on the Stanford Supplemental Application, and it is not sufficient to simply refer to the AMCAS essays."

I'm confused. Does this mean we can just copy and paste our research essay?

"The AMCAS application has required essay responses to MD/PhD program interest. You may use information from these responses in the sections that follow, but you are required to answer every question on the Stanford Supplemental Application, and it is not sufficient to simply refer to the AMCAS essays."

I'm confused. Does this mean we can just copy and paste our research essay?

Well it doesn't provide you nearly as much space, so probably not. Also, it asks for certain things like dates that I didn't necessarily include in my AMCAS research essay because they were included in the relevant AMCAS activity. But I did cut and paste certain parts of my AMCAS essays and melded it with dates, hours worked, etc.

Well it doesn't provide you nearly as much space, so probably not. Also, it asks for certain things like dates that I didn't necessarily include in my AMCAS research essay because they were included in the relevant AMCAS activity. But I did cut and paste certain parts of my AMCAS essays and melded it with dates, hours worked, etc.

Yeah when I was writing that I got confused between research essay and MD/PhD essay. I copied and pasted parts - hard to squeeze 10,000 characters into 2,500!

WOOO! I submitted Duke and Stanford today - so close to being finished!!!!
Now I just need to send Northwestern's and Mount Sinai....oh and receive UCSF and Emory

ugh I just really really hope I have all secondaries finished before school starts - looking less and less likely as I continue to have no word from UCSF

-j

Nice work on the secondaries! I too am hoping to finish all of my secondaries before school starts, but I'm only waiting on UCSF which I understand is an extremely easy one. The waiting process for interviews is going to be interminable, and these "application complete" e-mails that are vaguely titled (e.g., Washington Univ MSTP Application) are terrible teasers.

Yeah when I was writing that I got confused between research essay and MD/PhD essay. I copied and pasted parts - hard to squeeze 10,000 characters into 2,500!

WOOO! I submitted Duke and Stanford today - so close to being finished!!!!
Now I just need to send Northwestern's and Mount Sinai....oh and receive UCSF and Emory

ugh I just really really hope I have all secondaries finished before school starts - looking less and less likely as I continue to have no word from UCSF

-j

The UCSF essays are short ones (1/3-1/2 pages, although they really don't care about the length). In case anyone wants to get started while they wait for secondaries.

1) you list your research activities, 2) describe the latests one, 3) publications, and 4) why you chose to apply MSTP.

And Solitude, i totally agree about the email titles. Especially when I spend all day in from of my computer waiting for my Gmail notifer too DING when I get a new email.