Starbucks-how long is too long?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From this thread, I think I have found the best of both world with a small local cafe that has free wi-fi, great cheap coffee (including Chai Shakes), free refills and sandwiches served with a side of fantastic pasta salad. It's also is a neat bohemian neighborhood for people-watching when I need a break from studying and I'm a people who needs background noise (I have actually studied in busy bars because they are open late).

I have literally spent 8+ hours at a time here and have even been there a couple hours in the morning and came back in the evening. It is not near campus, but I've just explained to them that I am a college student trying to get into medical school so it is not a problem and they now know my regular order when I come in :)

Members don't see this ad.

Those mother****ers need to be shot. Ordering a drink which has more descriptors than can be assigned to your personality is among the gravest of crimes.

exi! I missed you! Haven't seen you in a while.

And I TOTALLY agree :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey you :D How are things?

Going pretty well. Took down my MDApps, though, as you can see.

I hope all is well for you...have you decided on a plan for this year/cycle? I'm rooting for you all the way!

[Oh and my on-topic part of the comment was: I've been studying at Starbucks too much lately.]

Going pretty well. Took down my MDApps, though, as you can see.

I hope all is well for you...have you decided on a plan for this year/cycle? I'm rooting for you all the way!

[Oh and my on-topic part of the comment was: I've been studying at Starbucks too much lately.]

Well, I retook the em-kitty a few weeks ago; getting scores back next Monday or Tuesday. So I'm still chipping away this cycle, but I'm not exactly enthusiastic at the moment.

Getting trollish crap on your MDApps?

Well, I retook the em-kitty a few weeks ago; getting scores back next Monday or Tuesday. So I'm still chipping away this cycle, but I'm not exactly enthusiastic at the moment.

Getting trollish crap on your MDApps?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, exi. I am. :luck::luck:.

Yeah quite a bit of trollery, unfortunately :(

I can't really study that well at home so I usually move around between studying at our school's library, the student lounge/cafe, a few local starbucks and another locally owned coffee shop.

I get tired of the same place after a few days of studying there so I need to move around. Not a huge fan of the library as I can't stand complete silence (every little noise gets to me) so being in "public" like at a coffee shop with normal background noise usually works better for me. Plus I'll just put in ear plugs so I can't hear any conversations and/or much of the music they play.

But, I really don't feel bad sitting there for hours on end studying. I'll usually get a drink (ours here have free refills) and maybe a light snack or something, but there's usually always at least a handful of other various students studying as well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, exi. I am. :luck::luck:.

Yeah quite a bit of trollery, unfortunately :(

Sorry about that. Yeah, that pretty much turned me off the site. A similar thing is the reason why I'm staying away from the Republic of Texas thread (that I created, no less) until I get back into "the game." Just don't need that right now.

And thanks for the well wishing again! About a week until my scores... here's to hoping.

I sit at starbucks until it closes most nights studying for Histo and anatomy....I would not worry about. I have never had anyone say anything to me!

I've never stepped my foot in the door of a starbucks. Am I not missing much?