China and Eastern Asia staring med school at 23 or 24

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bouncing siomai

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its me again. i am turning 21 in a a month, heheh... and i am in the states. i am currently waiting to take my nclex. ang tagal tagal kasi noon. heheh pero un nga, i want to work for a while, para hindi makita ko whats it all about, save up and try to go back sa pinas and mag med there. pero since ang tagal mag ayos ng mga papers... heheh.. baka matagalan pa ako mag start ng work...

anyway. if i start med school at 23 or 24, would i be too old? natatakot naman akong ma outcast...hehe and i still want to have friends, date....etc while pursuing my dreams. heheh😀
 
nope. age doesn't matter if you're really determined to go into med school & be a doctor someday. i entered med school at the age of 23 - 2 yrs older than my classmates. don't worry, you will still have friends. trust me! 🙂
 
I have classmates who are in their 30s and even 40s! Every year there're incoming med students who're in their 30s. You're far from being old. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im 23 and im a 1st yr med student at ust
my classmates dont even call me ate
trust me, they wont notice unless you tell them your age hehehe
i even have classmates who are two yrs younger than me but look older
and most importantly, age doesnt really matter in post graduate courses
at meron pa pala: may advantage ka kapag may friends ka sa upper years, marami kang samplex at handouts na mahihiram 🙂
 
hi... squash! im from ust as well, pero nursing. what's ur section? i have close friends in sections b and c... hehe baka u know them.... hehe their names are kathryn jimenez and sarah lennon. hehehe
 
nope, section a ako and mostly bio premed ang kakilala ko sa sec c. maraming nursing sa sec namin hehehe and matatalino sila (ust nursing sila 🙂
madalas kami tanungin kung bakit nag med kami
 
hey, its ok. i have classmates older than me(28-29) pero like they said in post-graduate course it would'nt matter since to the prof. and others you are all equal,except ofcourse the friends thing(para sa samplex) and some have more exp. (dahil nakapagwork na sila dn).

bouncing siomai did you go to UST high as well? 🙂
 
yeah! i hail from ust hs, diamond batch, 2003! yehey! ust college of nursing batcho 2007! hahaha... pero im in cali now. heheh nag aayos ng nclex and nagiipon ng residence points. heheeh.... but i plan going back to ust med in 2010. hehe... pretty far pa, but, have no choice eh, i have fix my citizenship para mas hindi hassle later.

taga usths ka skyeMd? heeh... i do write in the school newspaper, and i still use the same pen name. hehehe!
 
nope, section a ako and mostly bio premed ang kakilala ko sa sec c. maraming nursing sa sec namin hehehe and matatalino sila (ust nursing sila 🙂
madalas kami tanungin kung bakit nag med kami


if ur from section a, matatalino ung mga nursing don kasi they were the magna cum laudes of our batch i think. hahahhaha
 
yeah! i hail from ust hs, diamond batch, 2003! yehey! ust college of nursing batcho 2007! hahaha... pero im in cali now. heheh nag aayos ng nclex and nagiipon ng residence points. heheeh.... but i plan going back to ust med in 2010. hehe... pretty far pa, but, have no choice eh, i have fix my citizenship para mas hindi hassle later.

taga usths ka skyeMd? heeh... i do write in the school newspaper, and i still use the same pen name. hehehe!

yup im from usths batch 03, sounds familiar nga nun nick mo, baka magkakilala tau din,hehe 🙂 balik ka na dito sa pinas we need doctors here din lalo na ngaun
 
its me again. i am turning 21 in a a month, heheh... and i am in the states. i am currently waiting to take my nclex. ang tagal tagal kasi noon. heheh pero un nga, i want to work for a while, para hindi makita ko whats it all about, save up and try to go back sa pinas and mag med there. pero since ang tagal mag ayos ng mga papers... heheh.. baka matagalan pa ako mag start ng work...

anyway. if i start med school at 23 or 24, would i be too old? natatakot naman akong ma outcast...hehe and i still want to have friends, date....etc while pursuing my dreams. heheh😀


Of course not, I know students who are 30+ and are in medical school. Im 22 myself. :laugh:
 
I just turned 27 this past october and I'll be starting medical school this incoming may. I am very glad that I've experienced the workforce both in the engineering and healthcare industries (I was a software engineer and I am now a respiratory therapist) and I'm probably much better prepared for medical school than I would have been if I started right after college (age: 22). In addition I do not know how age would affect friendships, dating, etc., but I don't also know how the culture is like in the Philippines. I was born there, but grew up in the United States, and there are people here that have gone into medicine as their second career. So the answer to your questions is, NO, your age should have no bearing on your social life and your ability to be successful in whatever you do.
 
I just turned 27 this past october and I'll be starting medical school this incoming may. I am very glad that I've experienced the workforce both in the engineering and healthcare industries (I was a software engineer and I am now a respiratory therapist) and I'm probably much better prepared for medical school than I would have been if I started right after college (age: 22). In addition I do not know how age would affect friendships, dating, etc., but I don't also know how the culture is like in the Philippines. I was born there, but grew up in the United States, and there are people here that have gone into medicine as their second career. So the answer to your questions is, NO, your age should have no bearing on your social life and your ability to be successful in whatever you do.

Very well said. I'll be going to med school next year so I'll be 22 that time but I feel much better that I rested after graduation coz' I was able to work and discover my other potentials, and it's good to realize that I really want to go to medicine even after experiencing working in another field. 😉
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
its me again. i am turning 21 in a a month, heheh... and i am in the states. i am currently waiting to take my nclex. ang tagal tagal kasi noon. heheh pero un nga, i want to work for a while, para hindi makita ko whats it all about, save up and try to go back sa pinas and mag med there. pero since ang tagal mag ayos ng mga papers... heheh.. baka matagalan pa ako mag start ng work...

anyway. if i start med school at 23 or 24, would i be too old? natatakot naman akong ma outcast...hehe and i still want to have friends, date....etc while pursuing my dreams. heheh😀


you make it sound like 23/24 is old! ur not even 21. i don't know about you but i don't consider 21 old. if ur concerned about making friends or dating at your age, all i could say is that u shouldn't. Anyways, 24 is not old.
 
i was 24 when i started med school. madami pang mas matanda sa akin. may 27, 34, may 46 pa nga. kaya dont worry...