Start Dates of D1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njens

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know some may think I am getting ahead of myself, but this is something I have been curious about for a while. When does school start? Some start in the summer, most in August... Does anyone have a list of start dates? or an idea of where to find them? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think , just go to d-schools' sites and find out or ask that q on dental forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
San Antonio D1 starts second Monday in July.

Case is probably one of the earliest schools to start (beginning of Aug where as here at Tufts its towards the end of the month. You get a wide range of dates inbetween.

Pacific starts early July (but you're done in 3 years and the school is amazing!)
Harvard, UF and Michigan start near the end of August
UCSF starts late September

vcu starts the last week of july for d1 year. yay gross anatomy and carving!

MUSC starts the first Monday of June, which for 2009 is the 1st. :eek:

Louisville starts VERY early. Actually, I am pretty sure Louisville has the earliest start date for incoming D1s.

We started on July 1st this year.

Oklahoma begins in June, I have conflicting things online, I can look at my packet if you really want me to. They have two classes in the summer before fall semester to lighten the load during fall/spring

too soon to know

yeah, nova starts beginning of august. umdnj and nyu start towards the end of august, as do bu, tufts, and a boat load of others.
i've heard that ucla and ucsf start pretty late, like end of sept??

At Stony Brook, you'll have a welcome day in June, an orientation week the second to last week of August, and classes the next week.

UCSF started Oct 6th. We start late AND we get several afternoons off AND it's p/f.

Last edited:
Heh, Ohio State starts on the quarter schedule with the rest of the university - Sept 19th