Start dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMchica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My program has not told us yet when we will start orientation...I was wondering if other programs had given you dates yet.

Again, congrats to everyone...I'm so glad it's over though.

Members don't see this ad.

We are supposed to be there June 19. Hospital orientation for all interns is June 23-25.

We start orientation June 21st.

Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone matching in the philly area programs --

beware -- they start notoriously early. first off, all programs start a week before july 1st. then there is hospital orientation (benefits, payroll, etc). plus for EM (ACLS, ATLS training) if you don't already have it under your belt....

i remeber my start date for orientation was something around june 10th. one of my friends started internship june 17th or so ...

June 27th, but it's only a welcome picnic. The real deal starts July1.

Last year (in Philly) I think we started ACLS June 12th. Orientation ran over a week and the real deal started the 23rd. Although it may have started ealy, almost 1 year later, I am thanking my lucky stars for it - the early start means ALL interns at our institution get the last week of June off! Add the fact that my scheduled va-k is June and that equals 2 weeks off in a row! :D

Originally posted by EMchica
My program has not told us yet when we will start orientation...I was wondering if other programs had given you dates yet.

Again, congrats to everyone...I'm so glad it's over though.

EMchica where are you at?

- H

Originally posted by Scrubbs
Last year (in Philly) I think we started ACLS June 12th. Orientation ran over a week and the real deal started the 23rd. Although it may have started ealy, almost 1 year later, I am thanking my lucky stars for it - the early start means ALL interns at our institution get the last week of June off! Add the fact that my scheduled va-k is June and that equals 2 weeks off in a row! :D

me too

Congrats to all that matched. Our orientation is on Jun 17th, 18th and Start date for the first year is June 20th.....

Ahmed MS-4 CCOM
PGY-1 MWU-CCOM EM

I've got you all beat.

June 9th! But we only have 2-3 days a week of PALS/ATLS/ACLS, critical care classes for the month of june and then start our orientation month July 1st.

-P

Our program started a few days before july 1st for hospital orientation (pagers, salary, etc). Then for the month of July, we have an EM orientation.. We got PALS/ACLS, etc and lectures. It was a great month. *sigh*