start time for classes at your d-school?

marshall

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2003
  1. Dentist
I keep hearing that people start class at 8am everyday at least during years 1-2. Is that true? I also hear that when clinics start you have to get there even earlier. What time does everyone start school and how many days / week? :)

About the Ads

tinker bell

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2001
vallejo, CA
It's quite comforting to hear that we're not the only kids who have to start early. For winter quarter, everyday starts @ 8am, except wed. Next quarter, the spring, should be the same as well.

And then there are thursday nights clinic, which you can volunteer, etc...So, you guys dental students wannabe, better mentally prep yourself for the roller coaster ride

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PashaJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Everyday differs at BU. Most days start at 8:30 and end around 4.

This semester we've had a lot of days start at 10 or even 11 and end around 2, especially near the end of the semester. There are times when we have anatomy lab and the class is divided up into 3, we'll have 2 hour breaks between the end of lecture and the start of lab.

Most of our exams are on a Monday but sometimes we'll have one on Thursday in addition to a Monday exam.

You can check out our schedule online at the dental school website (academic affairs)

PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2003
Indianapolis
  1. Dentist
Originally posted by aphistis
Monday: 8-12, 1-5
Tuesday: 2-4 (AM is PBL research time)
Wednesday: 8-10, 1-5
Thursday: 8-12, 2-4
Friday: 1-5 (AM alternates between PBL research time and biweekly exams)

Bill, i forgot when we start clinical work. i mean what yr do you actually have clinical work at IU?

thanks

UBTom

Class '04 official geezer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2002
Queens, NY
www.iloveny.com
Classes at my school starts earlier and earlier as you go on...

Freshman year lectures and labs usually start at 8AM..

Ditto Second year...

Third year one gets a slew of classes that starts at 7:45...

Fourth year fall, ALL classes start at 7:45... Spring is a bit better with just one course (NERBS review) that starts at 7:45 and whatever selectives one is taking.

I hate having to get up when it's still dark outside. :p

xc1999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
  1. Dentist
At temple for 1st year 1st semester, it ranged from 8:30 to 9 am. During 2nd semster, we start at 8, 8:30, or 9 am, except mondays, in which case we only have one class, which starts at 10 am.

but man......once second year comes....it's pretty much 8 am all the way....and you go until 4:30 or 5.

I think third and fourth years are pretty much the same way, but only because you see patients by then.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.