start time for classes at your d-school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marshall

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing that people start class at 8am everyday at least during years 1-2. Is that true? I also hear that when clinics start you have to get there even earlier. What time does everyone start school and how many days / week? :)

Members don't see this ad.

8am everyday, except Wed at 10am.

Originally posted by the big wand
8am everyday, except Wed at 10am.
Monday: 8-12, 1-5
Tuesday: 2-4 (AM is PBL research time)
Wednesday: 8-10, 1-5
Thursday: 8-12, 2-4
Friday: 1-5 (AM alternates between PBL research time and biweekly exams)

Members don't see this ad :)
For clinic, pretty much there for 7:15 every day plus you get to stay until 8-9pm some nights doing lab work. Do you finally get used to getting up early? no

It's quite comforting to hear that we're not the only kids who have to start early. For winter quarter, everyday starts @ 8am, except wed. Next quarter, the spring, should be the same as well.

And then there are thursday nights clinic, which you can volunteer, etc...So, you guys dental students wannabe, better mentally prep yourself for the roller coaster ride

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Everyday differs at BU. Most days start at 8:30 and end around 4.

This semester we've had a lot of days start at 10 or even 11 and end around 2, especially near the end of the semester. There are times when we have anatomy lab and the class is divided up into 3, we'll have 2 hour breaks between the end of lecture and the start of lab.

Most of our exams are on a Monday but sometimes we'll have one on Thursday in addition to a Monday exam.

You can check out our schedule online at the dental school website (academic affairs)

Originally posted by aphistis
Monday: 8-12, 1-5
Tuesday: 2-4 (AM is PBL research time)
Wednesday: 8-10, 1-5
Thursday: 8-12, 2-4
Friday: 1-5 (AM alternates between PBL research time and biweekly exams)

Bill, i forgot when we start clinical work. i mean what yr do you actually have clinical work at IU?

thanks

Classes at my school starts earlier and earlier as you go on...

Freshman year lectures and labs usually start at 8AM..

Ditto Second year...

Third year one gets a slew of classes that starts at 7:45...

Fourth year fall, ALL classes start at 7:45... Spring is a bit better with just one course (NERBS review) that starts at 7:45 and whatever selectives one is taking.

I hate having to get up when it's still dark outside. :p

At temple for 1st year 1st semester, it ranged from 8:30 to 9 am. During 2nd semster, we start at 8, 8:30, or 9 am, except mondays, in which case we only have one class, which starts at 10 am.

but man......once second year comes....it's pretty much 8 am all the way....and you go until 4:30 or 5.

I think third and fourth years are pretty much the same way, but only because you see patients by then.

Penn
1st semester 8-5 but a lot of people skipped the 8's
2nd semester and 2nd year def 8-5 everyday
3rd year clinics start at 9 but you have class at 8 every wed
4th year start at 9-5

.....times like these-i'm glad i chose 'SC

M- 8am-~11am
T-nada
W-8-~11, 1-5
Th-nada
F-8-11

but unfortunately..things will change in a matter of weeks when we start summer semester

i hear that at NYU the 4th years get every other Friday off.