Starting 3rd year with elective rotation. Endocrine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lemisanthrope

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems that most recommendations on this board for a starting elective for a student mostly interested in Primary Care are Rads, Derm, or Neuro. My closest available site/preceptor for this rapidly approaching time block is for endocrine, however. Would this be a good starter? Useful for my education? Thoughts? Thanks.
 
I think endocrine's really interesting and quite relevant for primary care. I don't know how good endocrine clinic would be, as most subspecialty IM can be kind of boring, but your elective choice doesn't really matter all that much anyway.
 
I think endocrine's really interesting and quite relevant for primary care. I don't know how good endocrine clinic would be, as most subspecialty IM can be kind of boring, but your elective choice doesn't really matter all that much anyway.

I dunno man. I spent some time in a rheum clinic and the doc did all sorts of wacky ultrasound procedures + saw some pretty cool patients.

Although I guess it doesn't qualify as strictly a clinic per se I also liked seeing outpatient stress tests in cardiology.