starting a new practice... from scratch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

oreosandsake

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not my first time biting the bullet but my first time was a much smaller project.

It's going to be msk medicine/regen at the focus, cash only.

looking at taking on space in an office building for a procedure suite, 2 exam rooms, and what would likely be a therapy/modalities room (shockwave, laser, PT, etc)
I won't need a lot of exam rooms unless I expand into conventional pain with insurance or medicare.

seeking advice/wisdom on what to put into what is a large procedure suite. Imagine a rectangle approximately 25 ft x 15 ft. I am thinking counter space in the back, with a small sink, to process biologics. overhead cabinets. and along one long wall a lot of storage space for supplies. the other long wall is windows to the exterior of the building.

I don't even know who to contact first in the state of CA. do I contact the physicist first? I need to get a plumber to run water to the room. HELP!

any other recommendations for what to do, think about, at this point? rent is going to be pricey. I don't have a practice in the area yet.
 
Exciting!

I think there's a huge untapped $$ market for just doing MSK US on people and educating them on their anatomy, along with some steroid or PRP.

You didn't mention fluoro but I think that's the only reason you would need a physicist. They come AFTER everything is set up and you have the c-arm and they take measurements.
 
not my first time biting the bullet but my first time was a much smaller project.

It's going to be msk medicine/regen at the focus, cash only.

looking at taking on space in an office building for a procedure suite, 2 exam rooms, and what would likely be a therapy/modalities room (shockwave, laser, PT, etc)
I won't need a lot of exam rooms unless I expand into conventional pain with insurance or medicare.

seeking advice/wisdom on what to put into what is a large procedure suite. Imagine a rectangle approximately 25 ft x 15 ft. I am thinking counter space in the back, with a small sink, to process biologics. overhead cabinets. and along one long wall a lot of storage space for supplies. the other long wall is windows to the exterior of the building.

I don't even know who to contact first in the state of CA. do I contact the physicist first? I need to get a plumber to run water to the room. HELP!

any other recommendations for what to do, think about, at this point? rent is going to be pricey. I don't have a practice in the area yet.
Agree with hyperalgesia

No need for any physicist without flour.

You can do well. Keep your expenses down. Would not hire more than one person. Maybe just VAs.
.
Also don't go out and pay 50-70 for a stemwave or software shockwave device. There are better options. PM me if you need info.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are going to use x-rays need a lead lined room. Seems to me that was the biggest obstacle 20 + years ago.
 
That's cool. Please update us on your success rates with shockwave patients. I have a few patients who travel out to California/Florida for cutting edge treatments and they return to me lighter in the wallet but same pain.
 
That's cool. Please update us on your success rates with shockwave patients. I have a few patients who travel out to California/Florida for cutting edge treatments and they return to me lighter in the wallet but same pain.
What "cutting edge treatments" did they try?

We also have to remember that those who fail aggressive mainstream interventional treatments are lighter in the wallet too. There are more folks out there than we may want to admit.

I saw 5 Monday in my clinic. All paid over 1000 in copays/cosharing with no results. One paid 10K plus for SCS/PNS/surgery.
 
Agree with hyperalgesia

No need for any physicist without flour.

You can do well. Keep your expenses down. Would not hire more than one person. Maybe just VAs.
.
Also don't go out and pay 50-70 for a stemwave or software shockwave device. There are better options. PM me if you need info.
Sent you a PM
 
Congrats. Seems like a good time to start a lean office with all the new ai help.

I like having a pre/post room attached to my Fluoro suite. Could use for blood draws/overflow patients

With telehealth I use a lot less exam rooms than 10 years ago but my regen patients typically are more hands on/ needy so may be a wash.

The local guys doing a lot of regen (I know ur a boss) have a separate big monitor for the patients to watch the US which most seem to like
 
My brain filled that in as “separate big monitor for the patients to watch the US soccer team which most seem to like”

Also not a bad idea
 
Congrats. Seems like a good time to start a lean office with all the new ai help.

I like having a pre/post room attached to my Fluoro suite. Could use for blood draws/overflow patients

With telehealth I use a lot less exam rooms than 10 years ago but my regen patients typically are more hands on/ needy so may be a wash.

The local guys doing a lot of regen (I know ur a boss) have a separate big monitor for the patients to watch the US which most seem to like

in my first run at this I had a 70 inch monitor right next to my massage table patient bed which I hooked up the US to.

has anyone done this with fluoro?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad