Starting ADEA-AADSAS Application Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loveherstory90

Reaction score
Hello,

I know that the ADEA-AADSAS application has now opened to start working on it. I don't plan to apply to Dental School until next year, 2023. I noticed it asked what year I plan on entering Dental School and it gave the option of 2024. So my question is, can I start the application early and wait to submit it next year or will they make it inaccessible or erase my info at some point b/c it has to be started and finished within the same year of applying?

Members don't see this ad.

I would call AADSAS support, they are very knowledgeable about the platform and will be able to specify what you can and cannot do.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I know that the ADEA-AADSAS application has now opened to start working on it. I don't plan to apply to Dental School until next year, 2023. I noticed it asked what year I plan on entering Dental School and it gave the option of 2024. So my question is, can I start the application early and wait to submit it next year or will they make it inaccessible or erase my info at some point b/c it has to be started and finished within the same year of applying?
10 years ago when I applied, it would not save anything unless you paid the fees and pressed submit. If you did that and then had to reapply the next year, it would save some of your stuff, but not all of it. Otherwise, it would be completely deleted the next year when you would go to log in. Things may have changed, but that’s how it used to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question regarding the prerequisite entry through ADEA for the programs/schools we selected. If it says to add Biology courses, would it be a good idea to add upper level Biology courses that I got B+ or B's in or only add the upper level courses that I earned an A in and the general bio courses?

I have a question regarding the prerequisite entry through ADEA for the programs/schools we selected. If it says to add Biology courses, would it be a good idea to add upper level Biology courses that I got B+ or B's in or only add the upper level courses that I earned an A in and the general bio courses?
You could add both, I think the application allows you to submit more than one course if you think it's appropriate. If it states general biology then I would use that course instead of upper-division, but if it says just biology then maybe you can use the upper-division instead. Either way, they will see your transcript and can look from there as well, you're just making their job easier by listing the course so they don't have to search for it.

Hello,

You can work on the application early if you'd like. I worked on the 2023 application from 2022 and all it did was allow me to move all my answers over to the new application. So yes, feel free to get a head start! You can also copy your answers over to a doc and save them, that's what I did in the off chance the ADEA/AADSAS application didn't roll over for this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
You can work on the application early if you'd like. I worked on the 2023 application from 2022 and all it did was allow me to move all my answers over to the new application. So yes, feel free to get a head start! You can also copy your answers over to a doc and save them, that's what I did in the off chance the ADEA/AADSAS application didn't roll over for this cycle.
Thank you!

I was very happy when I found this out, and hopefully this is something that will also be available to other CAS systems (wanting to confirm).

I think ADEA started this question to ask for future cycles beginning with this past one (2021-2022), but I could be wrong. Regardless, it is a great move to encourage current advisors and future applicants to actually begin filling out the application without actually submitting it so you know what is going to be expected of you when it is time. The rollover feature makes this extremely helpful. It also is a nice way for dental schools to begin capturing some students from early acceptance tracks and categorize them appropriately when making decisions.