Starting board prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diesel Mind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are starting our pathology class soon and wanted to start step 1 studying along with the class. I have been reading FA along with my classes this year but nothing too serious. I wanted to incorporate Pathoma,Goljan audio, and a question bank into my class work. My question is should I do my first pass of UWorld now then do the second one during dedicated time or save it entirely until dedicated time? If not UWorld now, what else should I use? Any other tips/hints would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Pathoma + Goljan audio + 1st aid + BRS phisyology , Start with Usmle RX qs for now and Uworld closer to exam time ...

Pathoma + Goljan audio + 1st aid + BRS phisyology , Start with Usmle RX qs for now and Uworld closer to exam time ...
Pathoma + Goljan Audio (not the book) + FA + Gunner Training is what I'm doing and getting a lot out of it. Uworld is so important that I'm trying to go through it twice instead of doing another qbank and then Uworld.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pathoma + Goljan Audio (not the book) + FA + Gunner Training is what I'm doing and getting a lot out of it. Uworld is so important that I'm trying to go through it twice instead of doing another qbank and then Uworld.

How do you have time for 2 review books, class, and 2 question banks?

You are at a P/F?

How do you have time for 2 review books, class, and 2 question banks?

You are at a P/F?
Every school is more or less P/F for year 1 and 2. Most AAMC documentation says there is little weight on what happens year 1 and 2. Ace Step 1 and your dreams will come true. Everyone in my class is obsessed with A's on everything (undergrad mentality); not sure they even know the boards exist yet.

Pathoma (material preview) + Review school ppts/watch online lecture + GT to test the material and nail down high yield + Goljan at gym and 30 min to and 30 min from school + more lame school stuff + annotate FA after exam = solid B grades and hopefully a good board score.