Starting DAT prep… again.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Futuredentguy2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone. So I've been a big time lurker on the forums. I took the DAT a couple months ago and scored a 16. Yes a 16. It's horrible- I know. I studied exactly 21 days. I finished my summer classes and wanted to take the test immediately so I could apply as early as possible. I made a 18PAT 19RC 18Orgo 15BIO 13GChem and a 15QR. My math is really bad, and I had a lot of questions that involved calculating things on the GChem which completely threw me off, because I used datbootcamp- which didn't have too many calculations in the problems, as long as you knew how to work it out. Last time I used ap cliffs, chad's, datbootcamp and I bought q vault but only did 3 tests. I have started studying this past week, and plan on taking the DAT on February 15. I bought the kaplan blue book, so I've started reading through the biology section and I like it much better then ap cliffs so far. I've also started reading organic chem as a second language, and it's helping me make sense of everything before putting it together. My question to anyone whose read the whole kaplan blue book, what did you think of it? I plan on going through the whole review book, then doing destroyer, then going through ferralis notes, then hitting q vault and bootcamp.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, please give me some advice on how to improve. I'm not worried whatsoever on PAT and RC- mostly on sciences and math. My goal is to make a 20 this time.

If you follow some of the schedules on this forum, you'll do just fine. I did that and scored a 20 but I'm retaking because of my low gpa.
Read Cliffs first entirely before doing destroyer, same thing with the chems by going thru Chads. You want a good foundation before you hit the practice. I personally did qvault and then datbootcamp and did destroyer again one last time.

But remember, only you can decide whats best for you. Good luck bud