starting early

snacks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok im set on becoming a doctor.. pediatrician to be exact im 16 years old and was wondering what can i do now to help me prepare fir becoming a dictor. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, snacks. We have a forum called hSDN here just for high schoolers. I'm moving your post there because that is a more appropriate place. Check out the stickies, especially the one about what you can do to prepare while in high school.

ok im set on becoming a doctor.. pediatrician to be exact im 16 years old and was wondering what can i do now to help me prepare fir becoming a dictor. thanks

-Check your spelling and grammar.

-Shadow a pediatrician.

-Volunteer at your local medical center.

Not much else you can do...

Members don't see this ad :)
Learn how to learn now (ie. what study strategies work for you) so you don't have to mess around with that in University... when it matters.

Take challenging courses, get involved in activities relating to the medical field (e.g. shadowing, volunteering, etc.), do the best you can academically.

Take as many AP courses as you can.

Jef, seriously?? lol. You don't have to make fun of his grammar skills.
Pediatrician eh? I wanted to be one of those ever since i was a little kid. I think it was my 2nd day interning in the E.R. when i had my first sick kid. After hearing the kid's mother scream at me for a good 5 minutes. I decided being a pediatrician wasnt for me. Kids i can deal with- now their mothers is a different story. lol....anyways :D
Welcome to SDN

local said:
After hearing the kid's mother scream at me for a good 5 minutes. I decided being a pediatrician wasnt for me.

Lol! I saw an overreactive mother freak out at a doctor the other day while volunteering in a pediatric clinic, too...I don't think I could handle screaming moms either!

The best thing you can do is go to a college that you LIKE... and take interesting classes to you, and become educated.

Don't mess around freshmen year and pull Cs.

Aside from that, have a good time in your last few years of life...