Starting General Pediatrics Salary in Philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

patientvomits

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a PGY-3 that wants to go into outpatient general pediatrics in Philadelphia. I'm starting to plan for buying a house and growing my family, and wanted to get some insight from any of you regarding starting salaries for pediatrics.

What would normal compensation look like for a M-F 40 hr/week starting general pediatrician doing outpatient?

In the future, when I have children, I would ideally work part-time (3-4 days a week)...what would fair compensation look like for that?

I'm talking with my mentors and fellow general peds attending to hear their thought, but gaining insight from SDN would be helpful as well.