Starting internal med rotation soon; resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yoyohomieg5432

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am starting internal med soon and trying to assemble a rough game plan on how to prep for the shelf. I think as of now I will probably do the MKSAP questions and then get Uworld after that and do the IM related questions. Or, is Uworld better than MKSAP? Should I do Uworld first?

As far as reading, I have the step up to medicine book.

Thoughts on this? Is there anything else I should consider? I've heard med ed thrown around here a lot, how good is this? I think it costs like $400 or so though which I am not willing to spend.
 
Last edited:
Step up to medicine is a good book to use. UWorld is where it's at. Just buy a year a subscription and you can use it for every clerkship, and then reset it and use it for step 2. I mean there's over 1,000 medicine questions alone.