Starting kaplan class next week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr PS09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So next week begins my DAT journey. I am signing up for a Kaplan course tomorrow morning. What should I expect from it? Also, did you study for your diag or did you just take it? I probably wont study for it because I have finals till the day before.

Members don't see this ad.

You should expect about a 3 hour discussion, with a 5 min break, discussing topics related to the DAT ( all obvious.haha)

As for studying for the Diag....no dont study, thats just to see where you are at and how you will improve, that score is meaningless.

Good luck

Hey guys,

So next week begins my DAT journey. I am signing up for a Kaplan course tomorrow morning. What should I expect from it? Also, did you study for your diag or did you just take it? I probably wont study for it because I have finals till the day before.

You dont need to study for Diag. Let the nature do the job. Make sure you eat before you do the diag.

Form a study group with people who are serious about DAT, not with some cute girls, they dont even know what aadssas mean.

Read the big book before you go to the class.

I just finished mine this Tuesday, and I'd say it was pretty good. There's a plethora of online material (make sure you go through all that). Our teacher was a cool guy, who was able to answer just about any question we could ask him.

On a side note, we did have a big problem with a few people talking a lot (and not paying attention), then asking our instructor questions about topics he just finished explaining. Be tough and tell anyone that does that in your class to stfu, or else it's going to be a hellish course (trust me).

Anyways, I hope the class helps you, and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the tips

bburl09...you just described me but its cool. i will tone it down. ;)

Heh, a little bit of "how did he get that number?" is ok, but these people were just loud and rude. At one point a girl answered a call in class and didn't leave the room to talk. I won't say I never talked in the class, but it wasn't during a lecture, and it certainly didnt stop anyone else from learning. :p